Shoes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone recommend a great pair of cross trainers? I would like to stay in the $75 range if possible, can't wear Reebok brand because they are cut too narrow for my wiiiiiide feet.

I can't believe I am looking for athletic shoes. Me, exercising. Unbelievable.
  • New Balance is great if you have wide feet because they run wider than other. I can't suggest a specific pair though. I bought mine a while ago! But they should fit in your price range.
  • I have wide feet, and use Reebok who makes wide shoes, but New balance is great also. Nike is horrible for wide feet. I sometimes find great sneakers at TJ Maxx, they have new balance, nike and reebok for $39.99.
    cheryl
  • this sounds lame, but i bought a pair of Dr. Scholl's trainers, and they're wide! hehehe fit awesome and sooooooo comfy
  • Must be weird differences in shoes, I have a pair of Nike Air Max that I love but they are getting too thin on the bottom to be any support and they fit my wide feet.. Maybe I just need to shop around
  • Definitely look at New Balance. Very stable and a good shoe for not a ton of money. My Dad's physical therapist actually recommended them at one point.
  • I got a nice pair from pennies from like 50 bucks. they are nike. I love them. they are very squishy on the inside. ( :
  • I 4th the New Balance.....my dad and I are devoted New Balance buyers. They are comfortable and generally always on sale! I got mine for $30. I don't think I've ever paid over $50 for them.
  • My husband has very wide feet and he loves New Balance. I have medium feet and I heart my Asics. I suggest trying on TONS of pairs....devote an afternoon (or heck even an entire day) to going to a bunch of stores. Even on sale, athletic shoes are an investment monetarily AND in the well-being of your whole body. You want to find just the right pair.
  • My absolute favorite are Mizunos. They are in the $100.00 but worth every penny. They come in varying widths, but are by far the most supportive shoe out there. I have fractured both ankles in the past and with these shoes I haven't had any reoccuring pain. Good luck finding the right shoes, I know how tough it can be.

C.
  • I have wide feet and I can't wear New Balance shoes. My favorite shoes are Saucony.
  • Another New Balance fan here. Last time I went to the New Balance Store and bought them there. I'm sure I paid more, but I was really off in the size I was wearing. I left with 1-9 1/2 and 1-8 1/2 - both wide.

I swear by New Balance for wide feet.
  • I really like the New Balance 833 but they've stopped making it.

The uppers are light and unencumbered with plastic-y pieces and breathes. The foot print is wide and comfortable.

I also recommend a shoe store like Movin' Shoes where someone can put you through the paces to find the shoe that is right for you (that's how I found the 833).
  • Mars: I'm a HUGE advocate for the "right shoes" and I'm with Jessica about going to a specialty store. I was getting shin splints from a tiny bit of running but once I got fitted for proper shoes- gone. I personally went to Roadrunner Sports but there's also Fleet Feet and apparently Movin' Shoes also.
    I know at Fleet Feet and Roadrunner, they take imprints of your feet to get exact measurements, put you on a treadmill and watch your unique stride, and recommend shoes based on what they see.
    Best part- they have regular shoes, not crazy expensive professional runner shoes or anything. I got my Saucony's there for like $80 and they also carried New Balance, Adidas, etc. At Roadrunner they have a 90 return policy too!
    Check and see what's around you and check it out!
  • Oh yeah, when I was in the store, there were several fairly overweight people in there. It wasn't like I was the biggest person in the room (for once) so there's no need to be self conscious.