Weekly Chat Sept 17 - Sept 23

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Lets just say Saturday was terrible diet wise. Weddings might be the vain of my existence, and drinking such a bad deal. I remember now how much I love gin (which is something I don’t want to remember because I’ve been so good not drinking). But the wedding was beautiful. I had a good time despite my bad eating and excess drinking, but boy was my stomach sore yesterday. Now I remember the problems of eating high calorie/fat food and sugar. I rebounded nicely yesterday and ate mostly health food.

I didn’t go exercise this morning because I was to tired (one of the problems when I drink is I have trouble sleeping that night). It’s going to be a long week because I have a ton of school work.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone have any fun plans this week?
  • I hear you about the drinking. Lots of wine + a late night pizza place across from the bars = a very rough morning
  • Oh man, I'm in the same boat guys! Weigh in was this morning and I gained two pounds, makes me want to cry just typing that ... I did SO good last week, I stayed in my calorie range and exercised everyday except for Friday. I was sure I would see the scale go down this morning. I sabotaged it Friday night. It was my sisters bachelorette party, and I had two pieces of pizza and about 4 glasses of wine. It was terrible, but I didn't expect to see the scale go up, it was just one night and I was sure to get back on track the next day. I didn't even watch what I ate this summer and still maintained. Maybe it has something to do with my period, I dunno. I've already decided that I'm going to have another good week, and I will not sabotage it this weekend. I think these last 20 pounds are going to be struggle and that kind of scares me. I will not give up!

I hope you guys are having a good Monday, let's stay on plan this week!
  • well i hate to be the kid that get's all the evil looks, but i drank this weekend also and was down 3lbs this morning from last week!
  • Down one pound. One is better than nothing I suppose.

Has anyone tried Yin yoga? I did it last time for the first time. My joints are SORE. So is the back of my neck.

I want to crawl back into bed.
  • Jusj: that happened to me once too lol. I was like YES i'm gonna drink every weekend! Didn't quite work out for me though haha. Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work!

Amber: I love yoga, but I have never heard of yin yoga... what exactly is that?
  • My weekend diet wise went well-I'm still in Phase 1 of SB. I think I'm in the worst part of it now [halfway!!]. Although, its harder than normal since I'm living with three skinny girls who can eat whatever they want!

No good plans this week. I started a new job and have some presenations for school. Hope everyone is having a good week so far! : )
  • Okay, I have soooo fell off the diet boat. I feel so horrible. And I'm only doing it to myself. I'm so lazy it's pitiful. And don't anyone say that I'm not! I AM lazy and that's why I'm not losing weight....only gaining. I did better today. I didn't eat all day because I was gone...but I CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Wow I am so glad to see that I am not alone. I was feeling guilty for a few minutes there. I was down one pound on Saturday but then up 5 on Sunday (I'm sure for some combination of water weight, drinking weight and bad food). And by the way if I had stopped at 4 drinks I would have been happy. Ah well back on plan now.

Today has been a long day. School then work then back to the apartment where I was paying bills and trying to plan a trip to go to another cousins wedding in early October. Which brings me to my plus I think I'm going to get to go to Vegas for 4 days in October (over my birthday) which I am so excited about. Planning wise today went good. I've stayed compeletly on plan which is a plus. I'm hoping for a good week this week.
  • Woo Hoo I just wanted to share that my scale is back down to 181 this morning (yes I'm one of those obsessive everyday weighers). Maybe I'll have a loss yet this week. I was really just hoping to not have a gain on Saturday after last weekend.
  • Something about this week! I think maybe it's partly because it's getting cold, and starting to get dark a bit earlier, but all I want to do is eat. And drink, and eat some more. I went way off track at my parents' house on Saturday, got mostly back in the groove of things Sunday, then yesterday was a mess triggered by a really delicious interview lunch at a very posh Chinese place. (I've never been to a posh Chinese place! They had gold-plated chopstick holders!) The day ended with a martini and a late-night bagel fix, which I regretted immediately but man was it good. The damage on the scale hasn't been so horrible, but the psychological effects are the bad part, since of course I didn't make it to the gym on schedule today and I woke up feeling crappy. I know I just need to get back on plan and be more diligent about scheduling, planning and not letting anything get me off track. So, today is another day and so far so good. I planned a high-protein, high-fiber low calorie day for today and I'm going to follow it to the letter, chilly weather be damned.

No big plans this week, just getting back on track with diet/exercise and with homework stuff. My roommate's going out of town this weekend so I'll probably spend it loafing around in pj's and watching a lot of netflix movies. I love having the place to myself.

Remember: that is awesome about getting back to 181 and also awesome about Vegas! My sister and I have been talking about taking our cousin there for her 21st in December since none of us have ever been. I'm dying to plan a big trip to somewhere because I haven't had the chance to travel much since starting school last year.

livedreamdiscover: way to go sticking to your plan, especially if you live with some of those lucky high-metabolism people. That's never easy.

Everyone: I think this must be the effects of summer ending - it makes you want to eat and drink and hibernate, right?
  • I was up to 190 this morning!! Yesterday's eating was to blame, I know!!

Better luck today!!
  • i started off the week with BAD eating! i get sooo frusterated with myself... uuuuggghhh... but im going to work out tonight have a damage control dinner and tell myself it will all be ok ;-)

tomorrow im going to post my breakfast, lunch, dinner plan for all to see and stick to it!
  • East - it's ok to have a splurg every once in awhile (aka when you go see mom and dad). I always have my mom make me special things when I go see them (she's gotten better about making them healthy too).

Jana - How did you day go?

Freddy - I find the accountable food planning thread to be really helpful. I'm glad that other people are interest in it now. I hope today was better for you.

I'm exhaused. Between school, work, and trying to have a social life I am wore out. I think my social life is going to have to be non-existance until I go/return from Vegas. I think maybe one day from now to then to hang out with anyone. I know it sounds terrible but this is life I guess. I haven't gotten any job interviews yet which is a little disappointing. I'm going to school early tomorrow to help prep one of my friends for his interview. I guess I'm a good support about it.
  • Yesterday was *sigh* 'okay' and that's all I'll say.

I'm starting an all fruit and veggie detox today. Been months since I've done one so it's time.

Scale was at 190 today. This sucks!

I've been reading in other posts that a digital scale that is working accurately should give you the same weight if you stepped on and off it. I have to get on mine at least 3x before I'll get the same number twice, sometimes it takes more. Can anyone recommend a good digital scale that does not cost to much. I've had mine for 5yrs now and it only measures weight. I don't need one of those scales that weighs body fat and all that other stuff. Just an accurate weight, that's all I need.