Weekly Chat Sept 17 - Sept 23

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Today was my sanctioned "cheat". I love the turkey and havarti sandwiches at Borders... so that was it! 550 calories... luckily, it was a very late lunch and it is pretty filling. I had it with an iced coffee... just black with Splenda. Just sitting there reading and enjoying the sanwich was great! I don't feel guilty b/c I decided to allow myself 1-2 of those "cheats" a month. I don't think I'll go over my calories today either... even with that sandwich! Yeah!!!
    I just wanted to share that with people that understand... my other friends would probably be like... "big deal" you ate a sandwich. Once it cools down a little, I'll take my dog on a 2.5 mile walk at a beautiful park nearby... then, I'll feel even better. Now, all I need to do is feel like buckling down for school work and cleaning
  • I just wanted to share what I did today. I took place in a 5K mud run race. The proceeds go to toys for tots. I was on a 5 member team. It was by far the hardest physical activity I have done. I go to the gym and take intense classes, but this beat all. There was straight jogging, running through a river, a mud pit with obstacles, a mountain side that was no kidding a 75 degree incline, the run down the other side of the mountain, and a big mud pit that you crawl through at the end. I have never been dirtier in my life. I could have never done this a year ago that's for sure. The trainer from my gym was there and told me that she has talked to the local tv station about doing a story on me and my weight loss journey to date. Won't this be an excellent addition. I just wanted to share this moment because I was just so happy to finish.
  • WOW!! That's wonderful!!! Are you just sooo proud of yourself! WAY TO GO!
  • hope - thats very exciting about the highlights

jusj- i bet with all the fruits and veggies youre eating your, erm, system is a little backed up? dont give up!

soo....i finally heard from this guy i was waiting to here from forever and i might see him within a month or two! yay! great long term motivation! i seem to do ok with the day to day but lose the long term.... anyways i was super excited on fri when i wrote that haha you all understand...

ive been pretty good since my thurs binge. last night instead of all the planned sushi i only had 4 peices because i added a turkey sandwhich at about 7:30 because i was starving! (we didnt eat dinner till about 9) so... oh and i had a fruit drink with fresh fruit and fruit juices (not from conc.) and no sugar added... it tasted pretty watery so i dont think it was more than 150c. anyways.

today i had a latte and an egg and toast for bfast
    then had another latte for snack (i needed it today haha)
    then had an orange and some pirates booty so far... im trying to decide if i want anything else or i want to save it to drink or eat tonight...anyways and i went food shopping adn got some of the weight control oatmeal (2 for 1 price!) i did really well at losing when i ate that and took a snack and sandhwhcih to school then came home and ate a healthy dinner (heavy on veggies) i did that for like a month way back when and was down to like 132. lastly i am a little nervous i will not make my sunday goal (137) with the thurs binge.

thanks for listening ladies - have a great weekend!
  • I slipped 2day and ate at Chile's with a friend who came into town. I had the Classic Nacho's and water. It's bad I know, but it was good!
  • hope - i love havarti!

allie- congrats! great cause and great workout! you go girl! kup on the news story - how cool and what great inspiration!
  • Justi - We all have those days were we do something "bad". Enjoy it and start back up tomorrow.

Freddi - Who is this boy. That is a great motivating factor.

An update, I am totally not stressed out. I am actually almost done with my homework for all of next week. I have a little bit left for one of my classes and then I'll be officially done for next week. Although once I finsih I'll start working on the following week because I have things to do next weekend that will stop my "studying house arrest".
  • i didnt eat the snack cake yet but i may break lol i did alot of clothes folding and playing with my hubby
  • OKay, so just a little update on that nice 5K I did yesterday. I am soooo sore. I can barely walk today, and I have a sore throat this morning. That took everything out of me that I had. Going to the gym doesn't look like it will happen today. I didn't go to the gym 2 days prior either because I didn't want to be tired. Missing this many days is not usual for me. I think I will sleep a lot today and lay around. I hate it when I am sore. Doesn't happen that often anymore, but yesterday really kicked my butt. Thanks for all of the encouragment though. Why is the weekend so short and the week sooo long?
  • allie- give your body a rest! make dh, dp, so, or anyone else thats around give you a massage! hehe.

remember- hes a friend who i sometimes go on dates with. haha. ive been kind of standoffish but of course have decided i like him now that hes mia. of course. its my MO.
  • OK... New motivation: I am visiting DB on Oct 19 at OCS (Officer Candidate School) in Newport. He told me today that that is their DO night... it's a formal dinner (cocktail dress formal). I have one that I like from my graduation... it just needs 10 more pounds... I think. If I really buckle down hard core and maybe do pilates again.... I should be into it. So, here's to 10 lbs by Oct. 19th... is that crazy? I think I can do it. I hope...