Monday 30 something chat 9/17

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • welcome jennifer. you're always welcome to jump on in!!!!
  • Welcome Jennifer
  • Welcome to 3FC Jennifer! We're always happy to see new faces:-). I had to laugh at your honesty. Who in their right mind would start a diet *before* vacation??? Are you an active person? Forget about the food right now and just focus on moving your body more. We're happy to have you ~ Joan
  • I got a phone call from one of my best friends this morning. She was off work for the day and had a couple free hours between appointments. We met for lunch then went to a local park while my 4 year old played on the equipment. The weather is beautiful today and I don't get to see my friend nearly as often as I used to. We used to be next door neighbors so I really do miss her.
  • Hi Jennifer & Welcome! I am a newbie myself, but everyone has made me feel VERY welcome! Vegas huh? Sounds like a LOT of fun, if I knew you better, I'd ask to stow away in your suitcase! (awwww, **** with it, have room for a 6' mommy looking to escape? heehee)
  • joan - that sounds like fun. I miss my friends. i haven't met any gf up here yet. i have a good guy frient (totally gay) who i've seen once since i've moved up here...but he's got a new man in his life and he sort of has been busy with the relationship. i really miss having friends close by. I miss my girls night out i use to have. So enjoy the time with your friends as often as you can you never know when they may not be so close as you'd like (wow..now that was a bummer statment..sorry LOL).

I've enjoyed my day off...i pretty much was a slacker...loved it. Waiting for dh to come home so we can hang the hammock up. In the mean time i've been typing and playing on DH laptop while enjoying the fresh air on our patio!
  • Hey everyone!!! Just finished reading the rest of the weekends threads. All you crazy football women!! Erick (my bf) spent a few minutes explainng the way the game is played to me. I sort of get it- but still don't really care.
    My guy reallly surprises me sometimes. Sunday is reserved for football (and so is Monday night) He was supposed to go to a friends house to watch with the guys, so I decided to invite a friend I had not seen in like 4 or 5 years over. He dedided to stay home and meet her - i guess he thought he shoud cause i kept talking about how great she was and that he was actually going to like her (i have a few friends he does not like) and telling him about how imortant she has been in my life and that i would not believe we lost track of each other like we did. I was basically thrilled that i was going to get to see her. He still had the games on, but stayed home to multi-task football and meeting the friend - too funny.

Sheila - Yeah for the DH for having your back as far as getting the kids to help you out! As far as weight - Im an inch shorter than you and 99 pounds does not look good on me either. I like myself at 107. Congrats on your weight loss!

GG - my best friend is a sports nut too - more than most guys i think. I did not mind trading the day out for our anniversary at all - it was all good. We both have our sepparate things we like - that is why football season is scrapbooking season for me Erick is also way into the fantasy football thing too.

Big John - definetly steal the bf's idea!! I will have to let him know he is inspiring other men - hee hee!

Reality - congrats to you on your pound!!! Im sooo jeasous!!!! I can't seem to lose at all despite my crazy efforts

Lauren - Hope you like the new job! Good luck lady.

Kar - hope your day is going well, im sure it is now that you have your pattern set with your kids.

Jennifer - Welcome!

Christina - Really hope you start feeling better soon.

Joan - ughh - I would not go back to Walmart if that happened either! I like Target much better too. I always spent too much money when I walk into one though.

Well everyone I think im gonna exercise and wait on a phone call from my future employer - OHHHHH - forgot to tell you all, I found out why the background was not finished. .My last employer had not gotten back to the agency - and they were the first ones called - go figure. It was the only thing they were waiting for. Anyway - the hours that my prev employer are opposite of the background check company. Well i called my old boss and told her i needed this done right away and it was holding things up for me. They filled out the form and faxd it back on Friday afternoon - so i will be hearing from them in a couple days I'm sure.

Ok everyone have a great day TTFN.
  • GG ~ I know what you mean about missing girls night out. I had a great group of friends where I used to live. I miss them. Every day though I'm meeting more new people here and I'm glad about that. I'm on the Fall Festival committee and looking so forward to going out afterwards for margaritas with some new friends... nothing like margaritas to loosen everyone up a bit:-).
  • Blue we must have posted at the same time... Sounds like it is just a matter of time before you hear from the new job. So, what did BF think of your friend? My DH is the same way. I have two friends that he does not like at all. It's a whole lot more fun if I do things with them all by myself.
  • Blue: Do you get teased about your height? I have so many people say oh you really are short. I had one guy that worked with my DH and he was one of those guys that was a smart butt literaly so he was like Oh you are so damn short well at least your husband has use for you for one thing. Well my come back was this "Well thank you I would rather be short in height than short in the pants you know where it really counts!
  • Too funny Sheila - actually I do get teased a little by the guys - teased in a flirty kinda way though. I end up dating short guys though - cause i dont like to be standing next to a guy and have to practically break my neck to look at, kiss, hug etc. So my guy is all of 5'7" - short too!

Joan - Bf did like the friend - they got along great - like i knew they would.
    I have to do the same things with the friends he does not like - hang out with them seperatly. I have one friend in particular that REALLY drives him nuts - she is very oppinionated and overly motherly to everyone (and she HATES him). I have learned to deal with how she can be - he won't be aound her though, so I keep them apart.
  • I now remember why I hate working mondays. If on more fool steps out in front of my truck agaisnt the lights and nowhere near a cross walk I'm beating them with a stick. An i don't know how half these people even get themsleves dressed in the AM let alone drive. Human race got to be the thing on this planet that would piss on a eletirc fence and then come back later and piss on it again. Grrr.

I need time off and to get laid in the worest way. Ok maybe TMI there. But as usual it will be me, myself and I, beer and more then likely the weights cause yeah. I hate mondays.

Hi Jennfier don't mind me I'm normally a nice sweet funny guy. No really I am.

Sheila- you live beyond the boonies. Going to wal-mart or target shouldn't require a packed lunch, bathroom break and a flare gun.

GG- You slacker! Good for you!

Joan- glad you had a good time.

Blue, Kerry, reality, Hi!
  • HEY ALL! I know, late posting here. Sheila: GREAT JOB on the weight loss sexy! Christina: I was waiting for some smack talk from you "over there" after the score. We sucked...game was really crappy. Nonetheless, I did go to bed very happy! ;-) Hey, he called the time out baby....if the refs would open their eyes they would have seen it sooner! LOL I did think Sebasian totally had it again the second time though! ;-) Still love you boo! Hey Lisa, she really was talking about me....'cause I'm the Bronco Bea$% up in the house and Broncos v Raiders is one of the biggest rivalries around and Christina and our resident Goddess Michelle are big Raiders fans!!! 8-)

Ok, have some things to finish up before bed! Love ya all, MO
  • Big John: Man don't I know it {boonies}.

Mohanks hopefully with another 10 pounds I can post a different pic. You sure the **** go to bed early for a gal with 3 guys on the string?
  • Evening All,
    Blue glad I am not the only one around here whose dh/bf doesn't like a couple of my friend's. My dh especially doesn't like my bf because of her dh. So it makes it hard for me to see her when we go home to visit my family since she lives near them. So I only go see her when I am by myself on a visit home. Hope you hear something from your future employer soon! Glad your bf liked your friend.
    Shelia you are too funny! Love your witty sense of humor.
    Mo hope you got your stuff done before you went to bed. Enjoy having you back and all your witty little comments. Missed you when you were hiding from us at myspace. Glad you are back!
    John hope your evening got better. I know what you mean about Mondays. They should do make for the longest day of the week. LMAO about the comment to Shelia bout trip to Walmart and Target.
    Welcome Jennifer! Feel free to jump right in with us. We are a great bunch of people. Things I can't talk to my family or close friends about I can talk to these wonderful people about and get great advice.
    Joan glad that you had a great time with your friend today. I really do miss my bf. I moved away from the area I grew up in and she stayed. So we only see each other a few times a year. Usually when I go home to see my family. I really don't have any close girl friends around here that I feel comfort enough to go out with and do things with. So I hang out with my sil some and then the friends my dh and I have together. Which happens to be mostly guys. So you can image that it is a lot of sports things and hanging out to drink beer alot. Glad that you are starting to meet new people all the time. I am hoping that I can make friends with some of the ladies at my new school and we can hang out every once in awhile.
    Alicia how did your dh's return home go? I have been thinking about you all weekend long. Hope things are going fine you and your family.
    Lisa, sorry you had a crappy weekend working. I remember the days of retail. I use to work at a Michael's Arts and Craft Store for three years during college. There were days that I really enjoyed it and then days that I hated it because of the customers from he**! I especially hated it around the Holidays since everyone is in such a good holiday spirit doing their last minute shopping. Hope this week gets better for you. Have you ever heard anything else from Lane Bryant?
    Michelle, hope you had a nice weekend with your dh. That was very sweet of your boss. I hope things are going well with you and your family. I have been thinking alot about you guys.
    Hanna, hope you didn't get what Sean had. If you did, I hope you are starting to feel better. Did Sean go back to school today? Hey I think we are almost out of toothpaste. Could you lend me a tube? That is great that you got some time to your self and dh spent time with Sean over the weekend.
    GG sounds like you really enjoyed your day off. Did you get your hammock put yet?
    Hi to everyone else. Time to go and get the dishes done. Then I think I might have to seriously think about an outfit to lay out for in the morning. Then I am going to curl up in the armchair and think about reading some more in my book.
    Have a great evening!
    Kerry