does anyone else find toning annoying?

• because i absolutely can't stand it! I hate doing slow exercises where i squat, lunge, bend, ughh

i have turbo sculpt on exercise tv and it drives me insane! I hate squats, lunges, weights, curtsy squats, and did i mention lunges? I hate arm raises, pushups, working my triceps etc..

pilates/yoga i can stand to a degree but everything else makes me want o go STRAIGHT back to cardio. Cardio to me can be really fun but toning sucks but i NEED the muscle to burn my fat(mid section, hips) to start really looking the way I want to.

Any tips in motivating me to actually start enjoying toning? Any videos that you find midly entertaining to do that keep you going?
  • I am kind of your opposite on this one. I hate the cardio but I don't mind the toning exercises. I find that using the machines at the gym make it a lot more doable than doing the lunges etc. with my own (lack of) coordination. But if you don't go to a gym maybe some gadgets and gizmos such as bands, barbells, an exercise ball, etc, can make it seem more fun. Good luck!
  • i don't like toning when it comes to the gym. But i love it when it comes to yoga. And i've found some great yoga dvd's that will give you a killer workout. I have a power yoga dvd that i love. But i really like yoga so that helps. And i can tolerate short toning dvd...but more than 30 min and i'm bored
  • ^yeah maybe i should just do yoga. thanks!
  • Have you tried bellydancing? There are some pretty good DVDs out and they work for low stress toning. I have the Bellydance Fitness for Beginners - Basic Moves & Fat Burning and I really enjoy it... much more than lunges and squats (though I still do those at least once a week also).

Good luck finding something you enjoy (or can tolerate).
  • Hmmm...I loathe cardio but do it daily because I know that I have to. I suspect I wouldn't much like "toning". What I do love is lifting weights- heavy weights. I work in a lot of supersets, balance exercises with weight and plyometrics to keep it all interesting.

Mel
  • I'm the exact same way. I love cardio and dancing and anything that involves moving around but I hate toning. I get more tired doing 5 minutes of squats and lunges than I have doing 20 minutes of high intensity cardio. The only thing that helps me through it is knowing what the results will be in the long run.
  • I hated toning as well - it always felt like a waste of good running time to me lol. Let me out that door and on the road any day over push ups and squats!

However I started a boot camp program 6 weeks ago and now I love it...I even do them on my own *gasp shock horror* - I think it was because I just felt so unco-ordinated doing it and never did it properly on my own combined with losing patience with it to early. The boot camp made me do it consistently and now i'm seeing results i'm addicted :P

I'm going to go get the gym to do me up a weights program soon i'm so inspired :P