Sometimes, does this seem ridiculously easy?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Im not there yet either. Its easier than it was but still not easy.
  • I didn't mean to sound egotistical at all...This is still hard for me alot..Like tonight when I drank a TON of alchohol LOL. But some mornings I just wake up and I feel like "Wow...This isn't THAT hard" looking back on what I have accomplished thus far.
    I am glad to hear alot of you understand where I am coming from!
  • Quote: I didn't mean to sound egotistical at all...
    I don't think you came off as egotistical in the slightest.
  • I know what you mean Sockmonkey! I have only lost 19lbs so far and I "get" it. Like others have said, it's a pretty simple concept, the problem is that we have a battle of wills. One part of us does the naughtiness and the other part does the scolding and wondering why in the heck the other part can't behave. Every day I lose a pound, my goal feels somewhat more obtainable... I still can't imagine myself under 200lbs yet, but I'm just trying to take this one step at a time, I am trying not to overwhelm myself.

I will say it is nice to have so many kindered spirits out there. I don't see a lot of people as big as me, and usually I feel like I'm the biggest one around, but it's nice to know that I am not the only one out there who is struggling with this! That's what's so great about 3FC! I am not even that ashamed to display my weight anymore. TO **** WITH IT! I just love how everyone can be real and honest here.
  • No, I haven't found easy yet. I struggle and fight for every single pound. I think a lot of it is age. When I was younger, I could lose easily and quickly. Those days are definitely gone.
  • Have to agree -- the concept IS easy -- however, the actuality is far from easy.

As the 'old saw' says . . . 'brain cells come and brain cells go; but fat cells live forever" . . . and no matter how empty mine get, they are always screaming out to be refilled.

For me, it's an ongoing battle.

Keep fighting the good fight, Chickies.
  • Its getting easier.... but not really easy yet for me. I started this on 1/11/07 fell off the wagon for about 2 months due to stress and gained about 6lbs back in that time (not as bad as I thought it was going to be) I'm back on track since mid July. All total in 9months I've only lost 33 lbs. I know it should be more but I dont let it bother me. In the 9 months I've learned a lot and know that I'll do what I need to do!
  • I find the eating to be pretty easy - as long as I'm in my routine, I just follow my plan without much thought. It's finding time for exercise that I'm struggling with right now. School is a LOT more work this time through and I feel like every spare moment should be spent with a book. Going to try to find a few hours this week for movement. I've had a test in each class now and I feel like I kind of know what's expected. The first couple of weeks were pretty scary, but I stayed on plan with food, so it's nice to know I don't spook my way right back to McD's!
  • I still have about 30 pounds to go, and I know what you're talking about. I have told several people that it really is embarassing when I think about it- it has not been much of a struggle for me to loose this weight, if I had known how easy it was, I would have done it years ago......BUT then I think, maybe it is easy for me to be where I am now, BECAUSE I have the right mind set. It may not have been so easy for me to do back then becasue I didn't have my head where it needed to be. I dunno. I am very thankful that it is not a struggle for me (at least not YET)
  • People ask me all the time "Aren't you proud of all of your hard work?". I look at them blankly because I don't think of this as work. I think of it as getting off my a$$ and doing what I should have been doing all along. It is easy if you do it. It's doing it everyday that is hard, but I still don't see it as work, I see it more as I am "fixing" my overeating weakness. I see my overeating as a fault that I am fixing, not work to be done. Does that even make sense? It just kind of all hit me when I read this thread.
  • Sockmonkey: I am politely sending you a cyber smack! Smack, smack! This has been anything but easy lately and just felt the need to cyber smack. By the way I like your pink highlights!!
  • This has actually been pretty easy. But I think that's because I was really ready to achieve this. There have been times in the past that it was a constant battle trying to lose and when I look back at it, I can see that I was just wasting my time. I wasn't really ready to give up things and to commit to the exercise. Now I am and it seems fairly simple and straightforward.

Hopefully, a year from now I'll be answering this same type of post, in the same way, in the maintenance section.
  • Quote: There have been times in the past that it was a constant battle trying to lose and when I look back at it, I can see that I was just wasting my time. I wasn't really ready to give up things and to commit to the exercise.
    This time, I refuse to give up. I don't care how many times I have to "start over," I'll keep doing this until I get it right. Yep, this time I'm committed. I'm like the turtle....slow and steady...but, even the turtle gets to cross the finish line one day!
  • Quote: yah i'm SO not there yet LOL

easy??? not so much

do-able???? absolutely
    Diddo!
  • Rhonda
    Quote: This time, I refuse to give up. I don't care how many times I have to "start over," I'll keep doing this until I get it right. Yep, this time I'm committed. I'm like the turtle....slow and steady...but, even the turtle gets to cross the finish line one day!
    Rhonda: This quote should be on someones signature. I really liked it! I need to adapt that mindset!!