TBL "FS4" - Blue Team Chat

You're on Page 51 of 61
Go to
  • Azure - I have that same switch when I go home, and it is so hard to break, isn't it? I'm heading home this weekend, so wish me luck!

Chellez - Congrats on your first 4 days OP! I'm really impressed that you've been sticking with it even through the busy times. Well done!

fitin2008 - Take care of your back! I hope it heals up quick.

Soon2BFitChick - I *love* Christmas too! I would put up a tree now if the boyfriend didn't have a say. Ours will probably go up December 1st.

Tina - I hope everything is okay. I'll send up some prayers for you and your family.

I'm heading home to spend the long weekend with my family. November is always a tough month for me and I need to relax a bit. I've packed my workout gear so my plan is to either get out on some walks with my mum or use their stationary bike. Anyways, it's 7:15 and I've gotta be out the door at 8... and I still have to finish packing and eat breakfast! Eeeek. Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!
  • Hi Everyone!

I got back from Minnesota late last night. It was a very nice trip. I met some great people from different departments across my company. As most of you know, I telecommute from home for my employer and I never get a chance to have face to face contact with others in my company (except for Hubby, of course.) They put us up in a really nice hotel and I actually got to feel like a real adult! Each night, we went for drinks then dinner. I managed to eat on-plan, except for a couple of Marguerita's, a Pina Colada and a glass of wine.....on different nights. Eating on-plan wasnt easy. They gave us meal vouchers for breakfast and lunch in the company dining room and the food was delicious. Then, they brought fresh baked cookies to the class each afternoon. That one was tough to pass on. I did jump on the scales this morning and the number looks very promising for a loss on my Monday weigh-in. The only down side to this whole experience is that the training sessions were very difficult for me. Has anybody every had Six Sigma training? Yikes! This is all incredibly foreign to me and I had a bit of a time catching on to some of the information. I was in a class with people who absolutely adore,and understand,statistical analysis and love making all of the charts and graphs and analyzing numbers and data. Wow, did I feel like a fish out of water! I plan on picking up the Six Sigma for Dummies book this weekend and try to grasp some of the more difficult (all?) of the information. Wish me luck!

Fitin2008 - Congratulations on the 50 pound loss!
    Soulbliss - So sorry to hear about your friend.
    Michelle - You sound so excited about your new plan...and I'm excited for you!
    Azure - Hope your gain is a simple water gain.
    Dea - Fresh scones?! Yikes, that one was tough. Great job with not giving into the temptation!
    On-the-Tee - Sorry to hear the Hubby and the kids aren't feeling well. Hope they start feeling better quickly.
    Aud - How are Tess and Molly? I've heard that pneumonia is a big problem right now. Hope they start feeling better quickly.
    Practice Living - Hope you enjoy your weekend with the family.
    Selina - 75 days....Wow! That is incredible. I love that you're also learning about your reasons for overeating in the past. IMHO, I think you're gonna be very successful at this weight loss and maintenance journey.
    Tina - I'm praying for your family and for you. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Hope Everyone has a great on-plan day!

GO BLUE!

• I have been a sucky teammate this week, sorry. DH and kids were nice enough to share their germs. I have not worked out since Monday when I was in FLA. I am terrified to try to run, it has been so long since I had a GOOD run. This may be freebie week, but I hope not.

Tina-hope everything turns out well.

Rhonda--what do you do? I used to be a telecommuter too. DH still is, part time.

Best wishes to everyone else. I am going to crawl back into bed.
  • Ahhhhh, a really nice hotel . . . That's where I'd LOVE to be right now GirlyGS! Glad you had some "grown-up" time and the scale is looking promising! Missed your Posts while you were gone!

My Girls are both recovering and responding well to the antibiotics - just so weird to have pneumonia hit them both like that. I truly am hoping for some hard freeze winters like the "old days" - I believe it would KILL a lot of the bugs (literally) that we're having nowadays.

Scary.

I'm praying for you and yours too tina - please get on here and let us know how you are!!!

soontbfirchick IS such an inspiration isn't she? YOU GO GIRL! Love your Post about identifying triggers and dealing with them! Just AWESOME!

Sending WillPower Dust with you home practiceliving! Know you'll have a Fab Family Time and get those work outs in!

Where ya at azzie???? Missing ya!

Hope you're feeling better onttee! I haven't exercised all week either and feeling sludgy and dumpy as a result - gonna get off here and GO GET IT - but will be around this weekend if anyone wants to chat(???) Weekends are soooo slooow around here lately . . . feeling like I need some extra support so will keep checking in.
  • I didn't feel all that great, but I walked 50 minutes today. I was afraid to try a run, but I am going to work on that tomorrow.

Aud--glad everyone is feeling better.

Hoping for a good number tomorrow. Not eating after 7 to help ensure success!
  • (I posted this at the LC Forum, but wanted to make sure that everyone else around here knows why I might seem like I'm dropping off the face of the planet for awhile)

Hey, all! I came to a realization the other day about how being a part of challenges feeds into my procrastination tendencies...and it's keeping me from my goals as opposed to helping. I wrote about it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...66#post1925566

I'm removing myself from the challenges I've joined (TBL and W.O.W.) for the time being, until I can get myself back on track again. I'll be around to read everyone's posts and to give/get support weekly, I'm sure. But I need to find the things that are feeding into my self sabotage and eliminate them; I'm afraid that the challenges are hurting rather than helping. I want to say thank you to everyone who's been a huge support to me in all the challenges, and since I joined 3FC.

I'm not leaving the LC lifestyle behind, or giving up on my exercise. I'm hoping that by moving my goals away from a time-line, and pull them in more privately that I'll be able to start making progress again, instead of treading water like I have been for the last few months. I'll be checking in again, never you worry

--Azure/Kim
  • Just wanted to say sorry for not being a part of the group this last month. I have had no internet access. I have settled and am now near the gym that I have had a membership to for the last 10 years or so. I should be able to participate more and start to have more loss!
  • Wow, stopped to say hi. So many things I want to say, read the posts already but can't stay. Hope to chat in the morning more if I get time and do personals. I've had an ok week. Will write more 2mrw. Gotta run, sorry. Oh, and we are losing the baby we wanted to adopt. Well, if he ever came up for it. And now he's going to a family friend who is 50 yrs old, lives in a retirement apartment complex that isn't in the best of neighborhoods, and only wants to keep him six months. By then I won't have a spot open and you watch, the mother will end up losing rights and no telling what will happen after that. Guess they'll let someone adopt him. The older woman may adopt but what kind of life will that be for a baby? She isn't the most pleasant person and most of the time we get along with any friends and family members of the kids we have here. Just makes me sad for him, if he could get adopted by a family waiting, us or another, he'd grow up normally, with parents who are excited about him, not just taking him to help out. I bet they won't put him in little league or anything. Just sucks.

Well, look at that, guess I found time to chat after all. He leaves in the morning at noon or so. And we can't even ask how he is doing after that. Nothing. Just supposed to forget about him, like he never existed. I'm tired of grieving. I just want to adopt my last two and be done with it. We are on the list for a newborn caucasian boy. Wish us luck that we get him and he gets to stay because I don't know how many more I can lose and keep trying. I will not be eating bc of this, by the way. Like I said b4, the only thing saving my sanity now is the control I have over my food.

I need to go to bed early. My DH is 3 hours late bringing the older ones back from skating, I made a nice dinner and called to see why they weren't home and they were at McDonald's. Thanks for the heads up! So Emily and I ate alone. Now its passed their bedtime and I still have to bathe them and choose clothes for 2mrw and read to them, etc. It'll be hours b4 I can sleep.

Sorry to keep rambling. I guess I really did need to vent about it all. It's just so much to deal with and still run my family efficiently. I'm not freaking out about dinner or that they are late, my DH works alot, I am sure he is loving having them out and having fun.

Keep us in your prayers. Tina, I hope things are ok with you. I'm praying for you, hun. Those of you under the weather, I'm praying for you too. And Az, sorry to hear ur leaving, keep in touch and best of luck. Rhonda, glad ur back! Missed your posts too!! Chelle, did I not say hi in my last post?? I meant to! I will write more soon,

Big hugs, Selina
  • Good morning ladies! Last week was a rough one for me...not eating wise, emotionally though, awful! I got a phone call Wednesday afternoon from my mother who was frantic....she was screaming into the phone "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS" I had no clue what she was talking about. Well it turns out that my sister who is 25, was at the hospital having a baby. Now that may not seem bad to you all, but we had NO CLUE AT ALL SHE WAS PREGNANT!!!! My sister is saying she didn't know either, she went to the ER because she couldn't handle the pain anymore, she thought it was her gallstones again, and they told her nope your in labor. I'm having a really hard time believing she didn't know she was pregnant, but I've heard it has happened before, and she didn't have anything ready, so maybe???? I can't even think about that anymore though, my new nephew is here, so dwelling on that won't get me anywhere. Some of the positives are the baby is healthy, and my sister is doing good. The bad though is a long long list,

1. She had nothing ready, not anything...diapers, clothes, bottles, NOTHING!!! My mom and I have spent the last couple of days running around like chickens with our heads cut off, buying the basics for her.

2. Her boyfriend doesn't have a job, and he has 2 other children. Now I've seen him with his other kids, and to be fair he is a great father emotionally, but finicially NADA!!! My sister has a pretty good job, but I don't think she has a clue how much having a baby costs.

3. My sister can hardly take care of herself....I mean come on someone who can go 9 months being pregnant and not know it has some serious issues.

Okay I don't want to be like this, listing all my sister faults are not going to do me any good either. I have told my sister I will be here for her, and I have to say my nephew (Antonio) is a little doll. I also told my sister though that I have 3 kids of my own, and stay home with them, so I can't support her and the baby, her and her boyfriend are going to have to work something out. Between my mother and I we have given her a nice start and here and there I can pick up a pack of diapers or whatever, but in the end this is her deal. I have to say though, I went over to her house yesterday and she does seem to be handling this really well, and she listened to my mother and I when we were telling her she had to grow up and start taking charge. She is not responsible for just herself anymore this little boy is going to need her.....she seems shocked still, but happy. I have to say also the bf is sticking around so far and it sounds like he is going to stay home during the day while my sister works and then work in the evening, that way they don't have to put Antonio in daycare, which they couldn't really afford anyway. I just told my sister, most people have 9 months to prepare for this, she had not even 24 hrs. This is going to change her life, and my hope is for the better. I know when I had Joey and was still in highschool, I thought it was awful, now I couldn't imagine life without him. We have a very strong family and we will do all we can for them, but they need to show us they are doing all they can. Anyways that is what has been going on over here. I am going to weigh-in in a sec. and then I'll post my weight. Keep us in your prayers though ladies. Hope you all are doing well....I have a lot of catching up to do
  • Praying for u all Tina. Big hugs, nice that u are helping her.

Gerber just left. It's so emotional to keep losing babies. I don't know how many more times I can try. We are waiting now for a call for a newborn, decided to take a boy or girl. Will keep u all posted. Pray that it goes well please. I'm a nervous wreck. Hard to watch my kids lose the baby too. They wanted to keep him too.

My weigh in was good. 212.0, down 2.5 lbs. Changing my chick again, glad for that.

Thanks for ur support in all this mess, Selina
  • My heart is just aching for you & Gerber soontbfch! Just aching. Guess we'll just rely on Faith to get thru this . . . so glad you are not relying on FOOD to get thru it . . . really like the way that you said that your CONTROL over your food is keeping you sane right now . . . most excellent outlook and one I hope to adopt. Keep on keeping on - sending prayers your way!

And your way too, tina! WOW - what a mess. So glad it's turning out as well as can be expected. May be a too personal question so iggie if it is, but is your Sis really heavy? I've heard of unkown pregnancy in really heavy women but cannot feature even that idea after having been pregnant twice, ya know?

WTG, onthetee, getting that walk in! That's my goal for this week - gotta get me some moon miles going again, ya know? Missing those endorphins.

All the best sent out to azzie!

Gotta run . . . early in at work tonight - ttyal!
  • Hi Blues! How was your Monday?

I bought new and better workout shoes yesterday and I've cleared the 2 week mandatory "vacation" from the treadmill. So, did I work out today? No! Why? I'm not really sure. But, I know that the scales won't go down much without the workouts. I maintained again this week...no gain and no loss. I'm proud of not gaining since I was out of town last week, but I'd really like a loss again. I leave at midnight on Thursday for a fun weekend as a chaperon of 6 lovely 11 year old girls. Dontcha envy me? Seriously, I think it will be fun, but another challenge for staying on-plan. Life just keeps getting in the way! I'm ready for a good 2-3 month span of no holidays, birthdays, vacations, etc. so I can lose a lot of weight. I know....excuses! I'm finished whining now. My plan for the week....get on the treadmill! I can only do 30 minutes at first...and increase slooooowwwwly. Tomorrow, exercise will be my priority.

On-the-Tee - Congratulations on finishing 50 minutes of exercise...despite not feeling like doing it!
    Utahgirl - Welcome back! Great news on being near your gym.
    Kim - I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving us, but I understand. If participating in the challenge is prohibiting you from making progress, then you've made the right decision for yourself. For me, I can't imagine doing this without my Blue team members and my friends here at 3FC because I absolutely need the support. Please check back with us and let us know how you're doing. You'll always be one of us and we want to hear about your success!
    Tina - Congratulations, Auntie! Sounds like quite a huge surprise.
    Aud - So, what's your exercise plan for the week? We still have time to make it to the moon, right?
    Selina - I've been thinking about you all day. How are you holding up? Gerber may not have been your biological child, but we all know that you loved him like your own and we know your heart must be broken. I honestly believe that the love and nurture of a Mom has more impact on a baby than we'll ever really know. His future is better for having your loving and nurturing for even this short time.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan evening and day tomorrow.
  • Selina--I have been thinking of you. Hope you are doing OK.

Posted a big fat 0 this week, which is better than a gain. Actually, it would have been a teeny gain, but I squeezed out another trip to the potty before I weighed in. I already have exercised two of the last three days, so I am feeling pretty good about this week already. No need to blow it!
  • Selina--I have been thinking of you. Hope you are doing OK.

Posted a big fat 0 this week, which is better than a gain. Actually, it would have been a teeny gain, but I squeezed out another trip to the potty before I weighed in. I already have exercised two of the last three days, so I am feeling pretty good about this week already. No need to blow it!

Have a great day everyone. We are off to hike and to a new nature center.
  • Thanks, you all. I appreciate the good thoughts you are sending my way. I need them! Was invited to a luncheon tomorrow. Just can't go. I know ppl ask me questions all the time bc there isn't much exciting going on around here and my life is different than most ppl. Just not up to explaining details. Not up to socializing at all. Just feel like a cloud is hanging over me all the time.

Gotta go do laundry, take care and will try to post each day. It helps me.

Oh, lost another pound. 211.0. Don't feel much thinner than when I started. Guess that'll come later.

Hugs, Selina