scared of clothes?????HUH

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'm on the no-clothes-buying strike too. I have had more than one dressing room meltdowns over the last couple of years. Right now I just buy my jeans at Wal-Mart, firstly because I have no money for anything more expensive, and secondly because they actually do carry women's sizes in normal styles of jeans (with some stretch, always a good thing!). The last pants I bought 4 or 5 weeks ago were all size 18-20, which was a very depressing moment to me and is the start of what motivated me to get off my butt and do something about my weight. I have never been this large in my whole life.. although when I was in 5th grade I wore a size 11/12 juniors... I've always been a big girl!
  • I loathe shopping for clothes and never buy anything in France. The sizing here is so tiny it makes you feel like an elephant. Even if I feel okay going into a store I often come out hating myself which is pointless. Now I shop across the border in a store that sells for large women and they've been smart enough not to install mirrors all round but just one. I usually find something sometimes not. I'm now making a point of talking to myself differently, positively. Maybe I'll find something I like, maybe I won't but if I don't it doesn't mean I'm fat and ugly. It means I didn't find anything I liked that fit. Happens to thin people too.