THE GOLDEN GIRLS - September '07

You're on Page 11 of 27
Go to
  • Congrats Theresa!! So Happy for you!!
  • Congratulations on getting the job Theresa!!
  • Congratulations Theresa! You rock!!
  • Hi GG's:

It is so beautiful today. Not too hot, sunny, and a slight breeze. Aaaaaaah! So nice to be alive.

Lori: Salt probably caused the bloating. Drink losts of water. Happy 30th Anniversary!

Lynn: Good luck with your new semester.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGARET!!!!!

Theresa: Congratulations on your new job! I'm sure you are thrilled.

Lyn: Way to go! A 2.4 pound loss is awesome!!!!

Have a nice day.
  • I lost 5 pounds since Sept 1. I mentioned it on the challenge thread but forgot to mention it here.
  • WOW!!! That's great, LindaD!! 5 pounds!!
  • Margaret! I hope you had a nice day today.

I want to thank everyone for the nice emails and cards for my dad's passing. Your support has helped me get through this trying time. The funeral is tomorrow so that will be a hard day. I've been strong so far, but I know that I will break at the service.

I have not checked the boards at all so I have no idea what's been going on. I see Theresa must have gotten a new job. That is the buzz on this page. Let me add my to you.

: Lyn and Linda looks like you both lost weight. Boy did I get depressed today when I went out to try and find a new outfit to wear tomorrow. Nothing looked good on me. More motivation to lose this weight. I finally found a top at Kohl's. I'm going to wear it with either my black or brown pants. Gee, I hope they still fit me too. I guess I should get them out and try them on.
  • Hello To Everyone!

Welcome Sho6md!! I’m sure you will find we are a group of GG’s that just love supporting each other. We look forward to getting to know you.

I was happy today to have a NSV!! I was able to get my wedding rings off!! YAY!! So while I had them off I cleaned them and they look really nice once again!!

Lynn, I don’t think that I would have that much control! In stead when I’m out (once in a great while) I think I am so good at home that if I want that hamburger and fries then I’ll deal with it. Just can’t give up everything!

Hello Ali, I always hate those thunderstorms too. We don’t have them here very often but they do in MO. Where we want to move.

Hello Lyn, Congrats on your 2 pound loss!! Good Job!!

Zoe, how are you doing? I really think that sometimes our bodies just crave the munchies and I know I can try to quiet it with healthy foods but then I just find myself eating way to much and still wanting something to munch!

Gayle, I would have screamed like crazy if there was a lizard in my bed! My son used to catch stuff like that all the time and that was OK BUT not in my bed!!

LindaD-- Congrats on the 5 pound loss!! That is awesome!!

Welcome Lori, Glad to see you over here!

Margaret, Sure hope you had a Wonderful Birthday!!

Phyllis, Any bites on your condo? The people from Arizona emailed me back and have decided that they want to come and see our house this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!

Theresa, glad that you got the job. When do you start and have you given notice where you are now? I’ll bet they are sad to see you go.

Paula, remember you will be with all of us tomorrow in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and get back to us when you feel like it!!
  • Hello Golden Girls

You are all pure gold for sure!!! Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Sounds like everyone is working hard at keeping on track.....I did pretty well last week....today....not so good. Expect to get back on track tomorrow and just chalk it up to learning to live with myself.

Theresa....many congratulations on the new job. I am sure the hours will fly by, and you will find that 6 hours a day isn't much different than 2. You still need to do the same things to get ready for the 6 hours as you did for the 2.

Lynn, hope your new semester is full of excitement!

Restaurant eating is mainly out for me, as I live so far out in the country it isn't as much of a challenge to not eat out. I have two new magazine subscriptions...."Light and Tasty" and Diabetic Cooking. I like Diabetic Cooking better, so far. But I cut out the recipes that I am interested in and put them in a "to try" folder. If I like the recipe it gets transfered into a permanent "change of lifestyle" recipe folder. But whoever said that dieting is a full-time job is so right on. It takes a long time to develope new recipes as well as developing new thinking/acting patterns.

to all the weight reducers, and for all the rest of us!!

Thank you again for brightening up my birthday day!!

Paula....good luck getting through the funeral......prayers go with you.
    Margaret
  • Hey Golden Girls!

Thanks so much for shedding some light on my anniversary lunch dilemma. I suppose all restaurant food is LOADED with sodium and since I have a real problem with holding water, that must have been it. Usually my feet and hands swell, but my stomach actually swelled!

Phyllis: Where in south FL do you live? We love the ocean/gulf and our oldest son is 21 and he is positive he will live in Pensacola Beach one day. My cousin had a condo down there until one of the hurricanes and it wiped his road and condo right out - the road that leads to Ft. Pickens to be exact. My dh and I LOVE Sanibel and it is our special place. Haven't been in years since the kiddies, but will get there again one day!

Hi Ali! I see that you are from FL too! What is the Wendie plan - I've seen it on here but don't have a clue what it is.

Margaret!!

Hi Lynn! Thanks for the good advice about restaurants. With 5 kids its a major treat to eat out. We just can't afford it. But for our 30th anniversary we splurged. I don't know if it was worth it though. My stomach is going down today, but I was SO uncomfortable yesterday and last night!

Hi Meowee! I suppose you are right! Once we treat the old body good, it rebels when we don't! Of course the older we get, the harder it is. I used to be able to take 30 pounds off in a month - ahhhhhhhh the good old days!

Hi Theresa! Yep, I'm sure it was the sodium! Lake Murphysboro is God's country! We used to camp down there on that point that overlooks the lake! Oh what memories!! We'd like to get back there one day. We live in Columbia which is right across the Mississippi River from south St. Louis County. It's a nice area, but we want some land and woods one day and will probably look into the Missouri ozarks or Tennessee. CONGRATS on the job!

Hi LindaD! Thanks for the Congrats on our anniversary! We dated 5 years before that and literally grew up together! Yep that sodium is a killer isn't it? CONGRATS on the weight loss!

Hi Paula! I'm so sorry about your dad. My dad and I are best buds and I really empathize with you. Prayers for your peace through all this.

Hi Karen! Thanks for the welcome! I like it here - everyone is SO nice and understanding!

Hi to everybody I missed! THANKS for a great place to be in this cyber world!
    Lori
  • Hi Moxie!!!

After dinner and an errand, I'll read the posts and submit a longer reply. Since I tend to post late at night, I didn't want to miss wishing you a Happy Birthday!!!

---Trish
  • Congratulations, Theresa
    Quote: HI,
    I got the job!
    Just hope I like it, As much as where I have been.

I just love it when nice things happen for nice people!

Lynn
  • Tee, congrats on the job.....I hope that you love it as much as the one your leaving.

Lyn, Wow your shrinking away girl!.......So happy for you and your weight loss....

Will try to ck in later.....

Phyllis
  • Trying to catch up again...I just can't!! Been on the move since 4:30 this morning and just now stopping to check in and then go watch BIG BROTHER and crash into a heap.

Just a couple of personals as I have to fly in a sec...

Paula: My heart will be with you tomorrow. Having lost my Dad not to long ago, the day goes by pretty fast...and I remember a lot of laughter too even though it was such a sad occasion. At the cemetery, the priest handed us all post cards of St. Louis cathedral and talked about New Orleans and how much it meant to Daddy. He talked about the 7 points of the fleur de lis and how they related to Daddy's life.I remember the priest saying that we had "homework" after we left the cememtery. We had to:
    1) Tell funny stories about Daddy at the dinner following the funeral.
    2) We had to raise a glass and toast him.
    3) And that night we had to fall to our knees and thank God for having known him.

He also explained that the words "good grief" are really true. Grieving makes us human and shows our love.

I was a good girl and did all three of my homework assignments. Falling to my knees was no problem at all. Later in the evening we gathered at a cousin's house, sat out on his deck and I raised a lot of glasses.I had about 2 wine bottles worth of "glasses" in me. ..we had so much fun (I know that sounds strange) We laughed and told stories till 2 in the morning. Daddy would have loved it. It really turned out to be a wonderful day in many ways.

Theresa...way to go on the job...I need to go read back and find out all about it.

Moxie: Happy Happy Birthday! Hope is is a wonderful day for you!
    I ordered myself a birthday present today. For you gardeners out there, it looks like it will be a lot of fun to play with..and compost in the winter.
    My husband said he had no idea what to get me. I told him don't worry about it, I took care of it already!

Hugs to everyone!
  • Hi Cat,
    Thanks for sharing what the priest said at your dad's funeral. It was really good advice. I'm sorry you lost your dad recently.
    Lori