September weight loss challenge

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • me too
    I'm in too, ladies! My weight loss goal for Sept. is 6 lbs! I plan on eating lots of lean protein (chicken, salmon), get my daily veggies, stop eating after 8pm, and exercise at lease 4 times a week. Good luck to everyone!
  • Today's been funny because last night my dad and I put pink flamingos in my parents' courtyard as a gag gift for my mom's birthday today. She was raised in Florida and always thought pink flamingos were tacky, but Dad decided that for her birthday, he'd give her just that. We've had a great time talking about it today, and every time I saw the flamingos I started giggling. Actually, they look kind of neat and exotic and definitely a conversation piece. The sky got overcast toward evening and the birds practically glowed. It doesn't have anything to do with my diet, but it was a lot of fun.
  • Good morning everyone!
    Had a fantastic weekend, lots of quality time with scottish man. We went for a big walk toa lighthouse on saturday, which was very romantic and nice. Eating hasnt been great this weekend, but i have been watching the portions and this morning weighed in the same. This week Im setting myself a goal of 1-2lbs loss. I need to get things going again!! I need to achieve my 5lbs gone goal this month!!
    1. Exercise 5-6 times a week for 30-60 minutes per session
    2. Eat more veggies
    3. LESS carbs

Does anyone have good lunch time ideas that doesnt involve too many carbs?! Im trying to cut back on bread, pasta etc. And also doesnt involve too much cooking!!
  • seasoning

I <3 those tacky pink flamingos! I'm actually going to use them for my luau next year!

piggin
    That walk to the lighthouse sounds amazing!

Mary
    I went to my brother's restaurant on Sunday evening and wound up eating half a molten chocolate cake. It's a very chi chi restaurant so the "cake was tiny. (Prolly the size of 1 med muffin top). I'm making myself feel better by telling myself that the portions were tiny....but...I had a great time.

I love NYC and our weekend there with my parents seriously rocked!

I only worked out on Sept. 1. But we were pretty active the rest of the time...out and about traipsing around in gorgeous weather in NYC. What a glorious time we had.

Time to buckle down again. I will work out as soon as my daughter gets home from daycare. And then tomorrow is another day!

HOpe all of you are well!
  • Hey all. The weekend wasn't very successful at all. I watched what I ate, drank tons of water, seriously, but that scale is totally stuck and not moving. It's another day, time to try again.

Seasoning, I was laughing when I read about your problems exercising at home. I've added yoga to my exercises, ever try that with a cat trying to help? I'll squish the poor baby flat as a pancake if I fall on her, as if I didn't have enough to concentrate on!

FullSteamAhead, I'm exhausted and all I did was read about your weekend! Awesome accomplishments though. Good job!

Elegant Departure, you deserve a break now and then. Yes, there is usually a price to be paid for taking one. The damage isn't permanent, and I take it the time was worth it, so what the heck. Maybe someday you and I can take a break and splurge just a bit like SockMonkey70 and have birthday cake and only have to deal with 0.2 pounds afterwards! Maybe . . . in my dreams!
  • kappy, it's gets hysterical when pets try to help you exercise! I don't have cats right now, but when I did they'd watch my legs when I was doing exercises, heads going back and forth, back and forth. Now we have a dog that can hear me unrolling the exercise mat all the way from the other side of the house. He comes running in at top speed and and brings me his toy to throw so we're doing that over and over while I'm try to exercise. When he was younger, he'd get under me when I did pushups and lick my face every time I went down. Sometimes I'd just have to stop because I was laughing so hard.
  • I think I did pretty well today. Stayed completely OP, ate only healthy foods and stayed within my 1300-1500 calorie range. Exercised for 60 minutes and walked 3.7 miles.

Just hope I can keep it up.
  • I havent been OP Monday or Tuesday sigh. But today is a new day and I am OP, and will be ALL day. Its getting that first OP day under your belt again isnt it i think, I need to get back into the routine of exercising as well. Tonight I will do a workout dvd or go for a swim, depending on whether i want to go outside again or not!!
  • hey guys!
    I hope everyone had a nice labor day! Mine was very relaxing, i was in California, chilling on the beach... but i ate too many cheeseburgers and drank too much beer... oh well, i will just have to make sure i isolated it only to this past weekend and move on with the working out.
    To make me even less motivated, the guy i was dating just stopped talking to me... i think it freaked him out, like too serious too fast... but i hate it when people do not have the courtesy to just be like hey, this is what's up. i hate just being left hanging in the air like that. dating sucks
    lol, sorry if i'm a big downer... GO TEAM SEPTEMBER WEIGHT LOSS
  • Hi ladies : )

I came in yesterday morning and read all the posts and attempted to post, but to no avail. I have been having connection problems but it seems fine now so hopefully it was just a glitch with the provider, etc. Anyhow, it was nice to read all your news and hear about everyones weekend.

My holiday weekend was ok ladies.....planwise okay but not good or great and as for the rest, tom got a pretty good hold on me and I was sick for the most part but I am feeling good now! Sure feels good to feel good again and I got that blasted tom over and done with so I wont have to worry about that for awhile.

Welcome to all the girls that joined in (one step, audrey, etc.) and hope everyone knows they can jump in and join us at any time as it is never too late to join.

Elegant, being on a 6 month plan thus far and having only one binge before is quite the record! Your doing great, I bet that increase was temp. as well, keep up the good work.

Mary, I saw your ticker girl! RIght on! keek it rockin! : )

audrey, sounds like a great plan! Welcome

Seasoning, happy belated birthday to your mom! Glad you had a nice time and those pink flamingos sound cool!

Hi pigginpodgey! k udos girl for maintaining through the weekend. Regarding any ideas for a lunch, I got this neat idea from one of my books. Making a sandwich wrap using a leaf of lettuce. You could put some f.f mayo on the lettuce and then some healthy choice coldcuts and/or some thin and trim chicken slices from deli (I love that stuff) along with some chopped pickles, tomatoe and onion in the center and roll it up. Another idea might be a nice salad with some low fat protein mixed in.
    Glad to hear you had a great weekend with scottish man!

Hi lekhikaa, wb back from NYC girl! glad you had a rocking time with your parents.

Kappy, thanks for the encouragment! I am soooooooooo glad that I was able to help out and do that before I got sick. As for the scale not moving and all, bravo for watching what you ate and drinking lots of water! It will move! OUr month started smack on Saturday and over a holiday weekend, lol. I think you did very well considering, keep on truckin'

Butterfly, on a good day yesterday! just take it one day at a time.......keep up the great work : )

Pigginpodgey, new day indeed girl! rock it! I so agree what you said about that first good day OP and then one day at a time. Hope you had a great night last night.

Nosnahhhhh, hey you! Being in Cali and on the beach sounds great! I miss California. Your no downer my freind, I always love readingyour posts and your news and am so glad your here with us. Keep on truckin sweety!

New day today, wishing everyone a happy and successful day. The weekend is over now and its a brand new day! One day at a time. It was great to read everyones news as always! Catch you soon
  • Hello everybody. We're kind of quiet in here today - I hope that means everybody's out doing something fun. I just got back from the rec center where I put in 15 minutes on the stair climber and 30 on the elliptical runner. Before that, I went to Target and bought some new exercise clothes and then went to DSW and got some new sneaks. I've been wearing the same threadbare stuff to workout in for a long time, and it felt good to upgrade. I really need to hit it hard, though, 'cause I went overboard during the Labor Day holiday. Went to a couple of get-togethers that gave me a real good excuse to overeat, and I'm seeing it on the scale now. Yuck. I'm not going to change my ticker 'till Sunday, but I really hope I don't show a gain for the week.
  • nosnah, you're never a downer. So what if some stupid guy doesn't know a good thing? And you can see by my previous post that I ate too much this weekend, too. I love your GO TEAM SEPTEMBER! Makes me think of all of us in team shirts dodging and weaving through a field of food...
  • YUCK I feel so gross. Ate very very very very bad the last two days. I ate not one...but TWO double cheeseburgers today. Yeah. Gotta be good for the weightloss and health. Just got pick up and keep going. I need to get this month back on track. NOW.

to everyone!
    Mary
  • Hey everyone!

I've been down in the dumps lately, both emotionally and physically. I just thought I would feel better about myself by now and all I can still see are flaws and fat. To top that off I have a cold and am feeling really worn out to the bones taking care of the house and the kids and all the cooking and cleaning all the time every day seven days a week.

I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I haven't exercised at al this week, no treadmill, no yoga, no crunches, no free weights. My eating has been controlled though so I am not all panicked about that.

Where has my hardcore motivation gone?

Hope all of you have a good weekend and the coming week brings a cup of hot and steamy health and motivation for me.

Cheers!
  • Hey hey hey, it's friday! I know it was a short week, but man, i'm still glad it's friday

Fullsteam: GET YOUR INTERNET FIXED! we can't do this without you! as always, i appreciate all your support...

seasoning: DSW.....heaven... see, i imagine team september dodging and weaving straight through a field of food not even noticing any of the food cause there is a DSW in front of them... but maybe that's just me, lol

sockmonkey: the double cheeseburger incident happens to the best of us. i know personally, i try not to be perfect ALL the time cause then it would just make everyone else look bad... jk... i'm pretty sure the real reason is cause damn cheeseburgers are too readily available! in california this past week i did nothing but sleep, eat cheeseburgers and go to the beach (where i layed around and napped)... lol... there's still time to get back on track this month! no worries

Lekhika: try not to stress about it too much... being healthy isn't necessarily about working out HARDCORE everyday... being healthy is about being in touch with your body and giving it the nutrients and exercise it needs... if you feel like crap and your body is telling you to take it easy, there is probably a reason for that... as for the only seeing the flaws this isn't necessarily a bad thing... all i guess i'm saying, is it's ok to think our bodies aren't perfect, cause let's be honest, we all CAN NOT be jennifer anniston.... but what we can do is try to appreciate every curve and every muscle that makes us us... and you have come so far! focus on all that you have accomplished in transforming your body to the power house that it is today! that's freaking awesome!!! furthermore, would you really want to *think* your body is perfect? i prefer to think that nothing, not my body, not life nothing can ever be perfect...and i don't mean that in a depressing way... i mean it in the sense that you can always get better, stronger, you can always learn something, you can always make new accomplishments... if you aren't changing (or learning) you aren't growing and if you aren't growing you aren't really living... to sum up: you can look at anything about yourself and see flaws OR you can see opportunities to kick some *** and make some improvements