How do you calculate your daily fat % ?

• How do you find out what percent of fat you are eating daily? Everyone says to make your fat intake about 20 ior 25% of your calories but I dont know how to calculate it. And if you dont count calories all that strictly, how can you count the fat % ?
  • Fitday.com. It will calculate the values of everything you enter and total it for the day in a lovely little piechart (no pun intended). And it's free.
  • You can't count the fat% if you don't count calories. The easiet way to do it is to use a free program like Fitday but you will have to enter everything you ate. How could you calculate it if you don't count everything - you can't.
  • Many, many years ago, I did very low-fat (less than 10%) without counting calories. I just read nutrition labels and refused to eat anything that had more than 10% of the calories coming from fat. Perhaps not the best way, but it is an alternative to keeping track of all of the food that you ingest - although there are many, many benefits to writing it all down, and I would encourage you to consider trying it for a while to see if you like it.
  • Quote: Fitday.com. It will calculate the values of everything you enter and total it for the day in a lovely little piechart (no pun intended). And it's free.
    Thanks for posting about fitday. I've seen it posted on 3fatchicks a few times but have never signed up, well I just did today! Wow, so easy! I had made my own spreadsheet up using Excel but w/all the copying and pasting it was becoming a pain. I'll use Fitday from now on-Thanks!!!!