Lites - Soups - Any ideas on how to use?

• Hi
    I am trying to alternate between the lites - soups and bars...but the soups are not very good! Has anyone come up with creative ways to have the soups?
    MY counselor suggested using it to marinate chicken. Anything else?
  • How about the lite shakes. I use them quite frequently instead of one of my lites. I like the chocolate and vanilla. I have not tried the strawberry. Often I add a serving of yogurt to the vanilla shake with water and also add strawberries and I knock off a lite, fruit and dairy at one time. Very filling for an afternoon snack or any other time.
    Regarding the soups - there are some recipes in the cookbook that feature the soups.
  • I will check out my cookbook. I forgot about the shakes.
    thanks
  • I can't handle the powdered lites all by themselves, I have to mix them with other things.

I use the soups kind of as a sauce. I mix them with about 4 oz. of skim milk and add 1 T. lite sour cream, mix it really good and pour it over my meat or veggies.

The drinks, I always mix with fruit and/or skim milk or frozen yogurt. The orange drink mixed with vanilla frozen yogurt tastes like a cream cicle. Sometimes I mix them with fruit and then freeze to make a slushie drink when it's hot outside.

The hot chocolate and cafe au lait I mix in with my coffee when it's cold outside.
  • Deb - what great ideas! Thanks !

BTW - how do you count frozen yogurt? And what kind? Can't find in the book.
  • I throw my LA shakes into a smoothie, adding my fruit and dairy for the day too. It fills you up and is very creamy this way.