I'm In The '80's

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I weighed in this morning and I am IN THE 80's!

I am at 189.0....without a lean to one side of the scale ~ straight up and down! Oh yeah!

And I still have one more day of September. So from July 23rd until today I have lost 12 pounds by eating better choices ~ stepping away from the dinner table when I have really had "enough" ~ worked my butt off on the treadmill and lowered my beer intake (OK ~ so I could do better on that one at least it is mostly light beer now )

With Labor Day week-end and BBQ's here it could be tough for me...I will just have to ~

Make better choices!

HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEK-END FOLKS!
  • Congratulations Gary!! Don't you love the 80s. Now I'm ready to pass through the 80s and downward, but you'll be at goal long before I will.
  • congrats!! i wish i could get out of the 80s! i can never break free, they HAUNT ME!!!!!!
  • Congrats, that is so great!!
  • Woohoo! Gary, you are rocking the weight loss, dude!

Good for you!!
  • Gary! That's awesome!!

For the longest time I never saw your ticker change and now all of a sudden the past couple weeks it's been like through the roof with weight-loss!! Good for you!!!

Keep it going! Lets celebrate with some Calorie free beer!! Riiiiiiiight.
  • woohoooooo congrats!!!!! good job. I guess your motto is starting to work huh! Good job
  • You see, you're just cruisin' your way to goal.... Don't let those bbq babyback ribs get you..... just think portion-wise! You're almost there, and good as gold!!! Hurrah!
  • Wow, I thought I saw you wearing a Members Only jacket.....

Congrats sweetie!
  • Quote: Wow, I thought I saw you wearing a Members Only jacket.....
    And Angel Flight pants!

WTG Gary! got any suggestions on how to inspire my DH to lose?
  • Quote: Congratulations Gary!! Don't you love the 80s. Now I'm ready to pass through the 80s and downward, but you'll be at goal long before I will.
    I don't know about that TAMMY! My first goal is 185...but from the looks of my stomach at 189...I think I UNDER-estimated

Quote: congrats!! i wish i could get out of the 80s! i can never break free, they HAUNT ME!!!!!!
    Cheer up kid ~ You are doing awesome!!

Quote: Congrats, that is so great!!
    Thank you RENEE!

Quote: Woohoo! Gary, you are rocking the weight loss, dude!

Good for you!!
    Thanks TREADMILL BUDDY!

Quote: Gary! That's awesome!!

For the longest time I never saw your ticker change and now all of a sudden the past couple weeks it's been like through the roof with weight-loss!! Good for you!!!

I didn't change it becasue I didn't want to get over confident!

Keep it going! Lets celebrate with some Calorie free beer!! Riiiiiiiight.
    OH YEAH! Count me in for that

Quote: woohoooooo congrats!!!!! good job. I guess your motto is starting to work huh! Good job
    Would that be FIGHT ON FOR ol' SC!

Quote: You see, you're just cruisin' your way to goal.... Don't let those bbq babyback ribs get you..... just think portion-wise! You're almost there, and good as gold!!! Hurrah!
    Yep...that'd be my problem VEGGIE...portion control! Not good at ratio's or rationing!

Quote: Wow, I thought I saw you wearing a Members Only jacket.....

That COULD'VE been ME

Congrats sweetie!
    Thanks JEN

Quote: And Angel Flight pants!

Honestly ALLISON, that is one I didn't do....did the denim, the cords, the paisley...but not those pants!

WTG Gary! got any suggestions on how to inspire my DH to lose?
    Well ALLISON...in case NOBODY told you....women have ALL the POWER! Angie used to be able to get me to do ANYTHING! Pretty much still does....but I put up a fight sometimes now....she doesn't have that POWER like before.....refer to my pre-menopause thread

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! 3FC HELPS YOU TO BE MOTIVATED AND HONEST WITH YOURSELF ~ IT JUST COULD BE THE GREAT COMPANY WE KEEP!!
  • WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm doing a happy dance for you, Gary. Its on one leg, but its still a happy dance.

• WOW 12lbs in a little over a month!?!?! Thats awesome!!
    I've been gaining and losing the same 2lbs for over a month now. I'm going to take a page out of your book... Better choices and STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! I'm tired of giving the scale the ol' one finger salute every morning! lol
  • Quote: WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm doing a happy dance for you, Gary. Its on one leg, but its still a happy dance.

AMANDA! If you fall and hurt your good knee I'm gonna have to come up there! I can wait for you to heal to celebrate!

Quote: WOW 12lbs in a little over a month!?!?! Thats awesome!!
    I've been gaining and losing the same 2lbs for over a month now. I'm going to take a page out of your book... Better choices and STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! I'm tired of giving the scale the ol' one finger salute every morning! lol
    ERICAH ~Seriously, I eliminated all junk out of my diet, I eat fruits and veggies for my snacks instead of chips and I leave the table when I am full...most of the time

I am getting in almost an hour of treadmill work each day or more and it helps that I have a job in construction and can push myself to use up some calories if I want to.

But doing all this makes me hungry too....focus dear! JUST ONE POUND AT A TIME IS EASY!!...more can be hard...start with EASY!! Good luck to you!
  • That's great! Congrats!