Plateau Burn You Out? Ready To Hit It Hard Again?

You're on Page 4 of 27
Go to
  • So how many of you are completely dreading the Labor Day picnics this weekend? I guess it will be a true test of our will power. Do any of you have good low-cal recipes that would work for this weekend. I know that everyone will be eating hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad (YUMMY), and of course tons of sweets. I'd like to take along something healthy, that tastes good. Let me know if you have any ideas. Hope you're all doing well. Chat soon!
  • Angela, how about making some hamburgers of your own with ground turkey mixed with extra lean beef. It'll be a lot less guilt ridden and you won't feel deprived around everyone else that's eating it. BTW - there's no way one piece of cake would equal a pound on the scale. I haven't heard of the 'Sacred Heart Diet' before. What is it?

Lori, Welcome!! Thanks for coming to check us out! I posted some an artical regarding a stall during a magnificent weightloss. I think you'll get a lot out of it. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Erin, how about a nice healthy soup? I have a recipe for "Comfort Corn Chowder" very low in fat and calories and very satisfying. Love the fact your winter clothes will still fit you. I'm kinda dreading putting on my jeans again. No plans for the weekend, I think the majority of my family will be going out of town.

Well ladies, not a lot going on in my world. I started fall cleaning yesterday. You know after having the windows open all summer and being around new construction the windows and blinds needed attention. Not to mention the baseboards. And the list goes on.... I'm happy that even after these past two days I haven't felt like exercising (due to soreness and I think my cold) that I pushed myself through it. Yay!

Have an awesome day!
  • Hello again! The sacred heart diet is a plan that is structured for rapid weight loss....it is not something that can be done all of the time. I'm hoping that it will jump start me again since the scales are hardly moving lately. Here is how it works. You make a soup consisting of vegetables (I have the recipe if anyone is interested). On the 1st day you eat the soup and fruit....as much as you want/need. The 2nd day you eat the soup and vegetables, plus a large baked potato with butter for dinner. On day 3 you eat the soup, and bananas. They say by the 3rd day you could lose up to 7 pounds! The 4th thru 7th day you introduce lean meats to the plan. Again, I know that we all need to make "lifestyle" changes (and we have), but this is just something to try if you need a big KICK! Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm going to start it on Tuesday morning. I can give those who may be interested the entire plan via email. I'm excited to try it. Talk to you all soon.
  • Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Things are going. I lost a fight with McDonald's last night but I'm back on it today. I can't wait until this plateau is over, I don't have much left to lose.

Have a Great Day Ladies!!!
  • Angela, I just 'googled' the diet. It reminds me of the Cabbage Soup diet, which the thought of still makes me shiver. I don't think I'll be joining you, but I wish you luck with it! It does say it acts as a cleanser, so I guess that's not so bad.

Jana, we're gonna lose battles here and there. The main thing is that you picked yourself up, brushed off and got right back on plan. Good girl!
  • Hi gang . . . . . . and to you LORI.

Wow, it's September already. Amazing. Labour Day weekend is also the start of our Fall Fair week here in Pictou County, Nova Scotia and since I live across the road from the fairgrounds, I couldn't avoid the activities even if I wanted to. Unfortunately, it's raining and that will slow things down over there for a little; but it isn't expected to continue for too long. The theme of the Fair this year is a salute to all the previous Fair Queens. Forty-eight of the fifty are still alive and most of them have promised to attend the special ceremony and the crowing of the 51st. Should be interesting.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Suffice it to say it was not one of my better days -- it included a lot of pizza and a lot of date squares -- Back on track this morning and very glad that it's a brand new month. I fully plan to make it a good one.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
  • I did it.........*sigh
    I did it, all.

I finally 'fessed up and updated my ticker. I guess coming clean is the best policy, huh?

I wonder why I can't recapture the "want to" and the excitement I had when I first did Fat Smash Phase I.. it is such a healthy diet if you eat all the veggies you are allowed..and all the fruits......I felt GREAT. It is only tough to do at lunch....I have lunch meetings probably twice a week for work..and often they are catered in, box lunches.......white bread or worse, Croissants......with chips and cookies, like only we Minnesota Norwegians can do.....lol.......yuk.

Anyway, the other thing that was clicking with me was The Beck Diet Solution. It really rang true with me. Gave the book to a friend so we can do together ..have to get another copy.....It really hit home with me..would recommend it. Cognative Behavioral Therapy certainly has worked for many...

Have a great Labor Day, all!
  • Hi gang . . .

The weather is perfect around northern Nova Scotia today -- well, in my estimation, anyway. Sunny and cool -- just the way I like it. Hope it continues for a long, long time.

Good luck finding the best plan for your journey, Maryblu . . . Nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it?

Well, I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . . . . things to do and places to go. Hope everybody is having a great 'labourless' Labour Day Weekend so far. Keep doing the good stuff just as much as possible, gang and we will succeed in making September our best weightloss month ever.

See you soon . . .
  • Well, I ordered NS to give it a try. A little leery, because I am a very whole grain, non-processed food gal. However, their meal plan gives you 24-30 grams a day of fiber if you follow it correctly.
    I also love that you get a fat serving, which can be nuts if you want. One of my favorite foods is nuts! Love cashews

I just want to not think so much. I think I am at the point where I paralyzed myself with too much info. So for awhile I want to follow a set plan and learn to relax.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!! Get outside and enjoy the weather, even if it rains!!
  • Oh LORI . . . . . . cashews . . . Good luck with the Nutri-System (at least I assume that's what you mean by NS; since it would be pretty hard to order Nova Scotia - might prove a little too tough to chew, too - ).
  • Hi there . . .

Hope everybody has a great Labour Day.

See you soon . . .
  • I'm here, I'm here!

We've been away the last few days for one last hurrah...tomorrow the kids go back to school! It will be nice for me to have the routine back as I've proven I didn't do so well with the summer schedule, lol. My 2 older kids are in grades 2 and 4 and then I'll have my 3 and 4 year olds at home- though they are busy in "stuff" most mornings. I'm going to work on some menus today- no more pizza and fast food!

I am behind this morning, and dh is home today so need to run, but wanted to check in and let you know I haven't forgotten you guys!
  • Hey everyone, just a quick pop in. I had an "O.K" weekend. Pretty quiet but yet kept busy. Tomorrow is a big day for us, first day of grade ONE! That means first time being in school ALL day in a big school. Actually, it's a brand new school..what a bonus! Anyways...I gonna cut my daughters hair, bathe her and put her to bed. I hope you all had an awesome weekend! Check back tomorrow (I'll have so much time on my hands now...)
  • Good Morning . . . another beautiful day . . . and I've got things to do and places to go . . . See you all later . . .
  • Hello to All! I hope you all had a nice, and relaxing weekend. I'm curious to see how you all did....with all of the fabulous food that surrounded us the past few days. I decided to not to deprive myself....and not to go overboard either. I think I found a nice balance, and managed to even lost .5 pounds! (Don't you love the digital scales that show the half pounds-LOL!!) The weather here was beautiful. I see that a few of you have kids the same age as mine.....I have a 2 yr old boy, and a 9 yr old girl. Arent kids the greatest! My daughter put her arms around me last night and said "Mom, you're not fat anymore...I can wrap my arms all the way around you!" I thought I was going to die! I just laughed, and realized that was her way of giving me a compliment. OK, sorry to ramble. Today I was supposed to start the Sacred Heart Diet.....and I totally changed my mind. Instead I'm doing my own - FRUIT, VEGGIES, AND CHICKEN FOR DINNER....Every night for 5 days, plus plenty of water. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so I need to work hard. I hope you all have a great day!