Gonna try to stop weighing myself YIKES

• I work out at the YMCA 3 times a week and weigh myself every time I go. I think I'm gonna stop weighing myself. At least not do it as often. Maybe once a week?? My hubby keeps telling me not to stress about it and gauge things on how I actually feel, but that number is starting to control me. Wish me luck, there's a reason I don't have a scale anywhere in the house LOL
  • Sometimes not weighing is the right thing to do. It works for some and not for others. I like to weigh myself now, once or twice/week... At one point I didn't weigh either and I didn't lose ... Everyone is different and you have to go with what's right for you... Good luck for you ...
  • I LOVE to weigh myself but sometimes I get carried away. When I get frustrated I have to send the scale to the trunk of DH's car... I'm on restriction right now until Monday. I hope I've lost something by then!

Sometimes it's good to take a break from the scale. Good luck Basset.
  • You have to do whatever works for you. I used to weigh everyday - frustrating and potentially ruining the day as I weighed in the morning.

Then I tried once a week and gained weight.

Now I weigh Fri. (usually my lowest if I've been diligent) and Mon. (after the weekend with some indulgences). I take an average of both and put it on my ticker.

Dagmar
  • I weigh every two weeks. I used to be an everyday weigher and it used to send me in a tailspin every single day...I agree with Ilene though. You have to find a system that works for you.
  • Once a week sounds good. You can try it and see if it helps you to worry less.

I usually weigh myself on Sat. & Sun. morning. Good luck on weighing less often!
  • digital scales
    Sometimes it's good to change the battery in the scale

I weighed myself on Monday and I had gained 5 lbs over the weekend! Except I wasn't so off plan. I didn't weigh in yesterday - too discouraged - but thought I'd give it a try today. I've lost 11 lbs!!!

Then it occured to me that we haven't changed the battery in the scale for a long time. I got back on the scale again and instantly gained 4 lbs.

So I'm going to get a new battery today and hopefully have no more Monday morning surprises.

Dagmar