To put it simply....... WOW!!!!

• Well for a while now I have kinda been having this inner debate with myself about my goal making running my 'exercise of choice'
    I had posted a while back and quite a few of you suggested the Couch to 5k program... I was excited and started right away... Sadly I gave up much to quickly but I was never quite sure why?? I realized my attitude was what was holding me back rather than my fitness abilities considering tonight I ran for 40 minutes straight.............. and I enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's some inspiration for all you runners and wannabe runners.... never let your attitude hold you back.... never say I can't because you can anything you put your mind to you can achieve with a little hard work and positivity!

Needless to say I am finally inspired knowing now I truly am able to do it.... and I hope this is only the beginning of my passion for running

Oh... and a quick question... I was doing a brisk jogging/running pace the entire 40 minutes... does anyone know how to estimate my distance travelled.. I wanna know just for kicks Teehee I am so proud!
  • Congrats! That's great!

Did you run outside? If so, you can go to a site like mapmyrun.com and draw your route on their maps. Then you can find out the distance, your average speed and stuff like that. It's a fun site to play with.
  • Wow, 40 min is great! I've been running since last fall and am only now getting up to 40 - 45 min runs. I second mapmyrun.com, I use it to plan out all my routes.
  • Congrats!! This is the one post I was looking for.

I am 247 and 41 yrs old. I have been sedentary and lazy ever since just before I entered high school in 1980. I am tired of looking and feeling like I do. I took the plunge and signed up for Weight Watchers, a membership at the YMCA and hired a trainer.

I have been on WW for 2 weeks, and of course, I have not lost any weight... I need to add that excercise. My first meeting with my trainer is tomorrow morning at 9:30am. I have seen the show "The Biggest Loser" .. I am scared and anxious at the same time! LOL

My husband told me that I will get hooked to excercising... Could I??
  • Quote:
    My husband told me that I will get hooked to excercising... Could I??

Yes. Well, at least I did. I don't feel 100% if I haven't gotten some exercise in the morning.
  • Being a "late onset" runner myself, I am always so thrilled to hear when people start running and really enjoy it. Congrats, and keep up the good work!
  • Delete Duplicate Post
  • diannawv - If you're specifically thinking of running... then look at the thread I started last week called "Very Overweight Beginner Runner Looks for Tips" People gave me A LOT of great tips because I want to start running too.

Can you get hooked on exercising? Well, I would say so just take it slow and try different things and you'll figure out which exercise you don't mind as much. You might even learn to enjoy some!

-muse
  • Hooked on exercising?? Absolutely, positively YES ... A day without exercise for me is like a day without sunshine...

for starting to exercise and for positive attitude... Exercise is all about attitude, it's easy because it's all in our heads ...