I like this recipe but not sure how to count it.

• 1 lb of fish (i used cod)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    2 tbsp finely chopped onion (i used green onion)
    1 tbsp lemon juice (i used fresh)
    1/2 shredded cheddar cheese (tonight all I had was LF Mozza so i used that)
    baked at 450 for aprox 25 minutes

so what would a serving size be and what does it count as?
  • Quote: 1 lb of fish (i used cod)
    2 tbsp finely chopped onion (i used green onion)
    1 tbsp lemon juice (i used fresh)
    1/2 shredded cheddar cheese (tonight all I had was LF Mozza so i used that)
    baked at 450 for aprox 25 minutes

so what would a serving size be and what does it count as?
    i would just guess 1 protien, 1 starch, 1 fat, and 1 dairy
  • Ok I figured on the protien dairy and fat, but what is the starch?
  • the soup would be a starch I think
  • Hi - I have no idea about the answer to your question - but the recipe sounds mighty tasty and I'll think I'll make it for dinner tomorrow night!
    Thanks!
  • Has anyone sent it to the dietician for a conversion if not let me know and I will send it because it sounds great and something everyone in my family would eat. That's always a plus!
  • Go ahead and send it off, Nanette...I was just going to do the same thing! It does sound yummy!
  • it is delish!!! I can send full instruction if you guys want me to I was just rying to be quick when I typed it out.
  • Ok here is the recipe word for word from my old cookbook

Bubbly Baked Fillets

1 lb block frozen fish fillets
    2 tbsp. finely chopped onions
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Thaw fillets just enough to allow cutting into 3 or 4 pieces. Place in shallow greased baking dish that just holds the fillets almost touching. Combine soup, onion, and lemon juice and spoon over fillets. Top with grated cheese. Bake at 450F just until the fish may be easily flaked with a fork and the sauce bubbles (about 25 minutes) yield 3-4 servings
  • I sent off the recipe this morning. They usually give me a response within a day or so. Check out my recipe for Oriental Salad under the recipe section for soups and salads it is awesome!!!!! Have a great day!
  • I don't know why it took so long for them to get this back to me but here it is:

Recipe Name: Bubbly Baked Fillets

Ingredients:

4 fish fillets, size according to plan
    1 (10.75 oz) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, size according to plan
    2 tbsp finely chopped onions
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Preparation:

Place fillets in a shallow greased baking dish that just holds the fillets almost touching.
    Combine soup, onion, and lemon juice and spoon over fillets.
    Top with grated cheese.
    Bake at 450 degrees F just until the fish may be easily flaked with a fork and the sauce bubbles (about 25 minutes).

Makes: 4 servings

Serving size: 1 fillet with sauce

Exchange: 1 Protein, 1/2 Dairy, 1 Condiment

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!
  • OOOHH AWSOME so really it didn't change much and it counts differently than I thought but cool!!
  • I know I was surprised I am actually making it for dinner tonight so I will let you know how it is.