Anybody know any other frozen entrees under 200 cal?

• For lunch today I had Smokey Robinson's pot roast. Lovely, and only 180 calories. Does anyone know what other frozen entrees are around that are 200 calories or less? I don't care if they're carnivore or vegetarian, and they should just be easy to find in Minnesota

• I think some of the Lean Pockets (The whole Grain ones) are just over 200.

and maybe a few of the Lean Cusisne Spa classics, but don't remeber which ones sorry.
  • Michelini's, Budget Gourmet and Smart One's have some very low cal entrees.
  • Amy's has a shepard and tamale pie for only like 160 calories and there are a couple lean cuisines that are below 200.. I had one tonight that was 210 I think (10 extra calories isn't that much).
  • stouffer's herb chicken, lean cuisine oriental stir fry. Here are 2 off the top of my head.
  • BTW - if you log your food on any of the online sites check there under the brand name. I use myfooddiary which has a bunch listed, but I'm sure the free sites might too.
  • Not sure if you have them in Minnesota, but Ethnic Gourmet makes a few entrees that are either right at 200 calories or under 200 calories (specifically, the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Chicken Tandoori with Spinach, possibly some others as well).

Also, if you have a Trader Joe's near you, they sell some shelf-stable (vacuum sealed, not frozen) entries that are under 200 calories per serving. A number of Indian-style entrees and also three different boxed tuna entrees (the Tuna in Green Curry Sauce is only 110 calories per serving!). If you don't have a Trader Joe's, you might be able to find similar Indian style entrees in the ethnic section of your grocery store; Tasty Bite is one of the brands.
  • Quote: Not sure if you have them in Minnesota, but Ethnic Gourmet makes a few entrees that are either right at 200 calories or under 200 calories (specifically, the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Chicken Tandoori with Spinach, possibly some others as well).
    Yes, thanks for reminding me, they are available here and I have had them both
  • I have a question, and I'm not being snarky, but why does it have to be under 200 calories? I'm usually happy as long as they're under 350, which most are. (of the healthy/diet variety) I just wondered. But for snacking, I like the Smart Ones pepperoni sandwich pocket things. Satisfies my pizza cravings. I find that South Beach wraps and meals (I'm not on SB) with all the protein/fiber, makes me feel really full, more punch for the calories.
  • im not a big frozen food fan...i find they have way too much sodium...but one brand i do like (but not sure of the calorie content ) is KASHI's frozen meals... they are excellend and don't taste like the cardboard reheat stuff that most frozen meals taste. they are made without preservatives and i think that's why i like the taste...all of kashi brand foods (be it frozen or shelf) us minimal ingredients and to me taste so much better. my favorite was the mango/black bean salsa chicken....yum yum
  • Quote: I have a question, and I'm not being snarky, but why does it have to be under 200 calories? I'm usually happy as long as they're under 350, which most are.
    It doesn't have to be <200 for any medical reason, I'm just thinking if the amount of satisfaction is in inverse proportion to the # of calories, so much the better
    Also more room for a salad or something on the side
  • Quote: It doesn't have to be <200 for any medical reason, I'm just thinking if the amount of satisfaction is in inverse proportion to the # of calories, so much the better
    Also more room for a salad or something on the side
    I'm the same way, I tend to go more for the lower-calorie entrees so I can add a salad or an extra serving of veggies on the side. Because many of those entrees, regardless of how many calories they have, just aren't all that filling and I like adding my own extras. But if an entree has quite a bit of calories, I won't add an extra because the entree itself has enough calories already.

Like they totally messed with my Healthy Choice Sweet & Sour Chicken. It used to be 300 and some calories. Well now it's 430 because they went and added a freakin' dessert. I don't want the !*#@!!#! dessert! I just want the chicken and the rice and the veggies and I wanna know how many calories are for JUST THAT without the dessert included.

I realize some people like the desserts and that's fine. But they should NOT completely alter an entree like that without at least giving the nutritional value for the entree itself and THEN give the nutritional value of the dessert separately.

Maybe I'm just picky, but I haven't bought the S&S Chicken since. 430 calories for one entree is just too rich for my blood.
  • For two years I have eaten Lean Cuisine Herb Roasted Chicken for lunch. It is a small chicken breast with a creamy mushroom sauce, broccoli and roasted potatoes. It has 180 calories and 3 grams of fat. (3 points for WW) Really, it has a wonderful flavor. I usually pair it with a salad and a piece of fruit for dessert and am totally satisfied.