Numbers OTHER than pounds or inches or sizes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey! I went to my doctor today, after a year, and this is the first time I've been to the doc since my weight loss. Obviously I weigh less--but here are even better numbers to look at, from the blood tests. If you have similar measurements to report, post 'em here!

Blood Glucose (fasting): Went from 109 (barely normal) to 87!

Blood pressure: Has never been high, but is now 107/68!

Cholesterol: Didn't change--however, my HDLs (good cholesterol) have gone up, from 47 to 56.

Jay
  • That's awesome JaY!!!! Congrats on the great numbers. Weightloss means so much more than just the number on the scale for sure!!! Way to go!! Keep up the great work!!
  • That is great! Especially the glucose, what a difference! Congrats!
  • That is great! Congrats.

I need to get my cholesterol checked. Last time I had that done a couple years ago it was 215 I'm sure it's better than that now.
  • That is great Jayell. Losing weight is definitely not only for looks.
  • Congratulations! Some of those good numbers are attributable to all your exercise as well as weight loss. Losing weight is good, but losing weight with exercise (both weights and cardio) is far, far better for your health. Way to go!
  • Congratulations, Jay -- that's awesome! And good idea for a thread.

Not sure about my blood glucose (wish I knew), but:

Starting BP: ~125/85 (+/- a few points)
    Current: 102/68 <-- we're diastolic twins, Jay!

Starting rest heart rate: ~85-90
    Current rest heart rate: ~60-65

It's amazing how many facets of life are affected by fitness, isn't it?
  • Yes, Meg, my increased fitness has a lot to do with it!

Jay
  • Great numbers, JayEll!

That reminds me that I really should get my numbers checked soon, just to know, and to have a comparison point.
  • Rock on, Jay!

My bloodwork numbers really haven't changed since my weight loss, but they were all within a healthy range to begin with. I honestly didn't just choose to lose weight for physical health; a large portion of it was mental health and vanity. However, I do realize that if I got out of that "moderately overweight" zone and into the obese, that I would eventually start developing weight-related health problems... better to nip it in the bud before you pay the consequences huh?
  • Oh, and also, feel free to add changes to body fat percentage (which is not BMI, but you could list that, too).

Mine went from 44% at my highest weight to 31% now, which means that I really did lose fat!

Jay
  • That is almost bettwe then numbers on the scale... Congrats!

I don't have anything to share yet. Last time I was at the doctors I was about 280-290 and it was 2 years ago so I don't know my numbers at their worst. I plan on going in for a blood test maybe at my 6 month progress point.

Only # I can share at the moment is resting heart rate.

Went from

82-87ish (possibly as high as 90)
    to
    58-62ish!

All hail cardio exercise!
  • Quote: Oh, and also, feel free to add changes to body fat percentage (which is not BMI, but you could list that, too).

Mine went from 44% at my highest weight to 31% now, which means that I really did lose fat!

Jay
    Wow, that's a huge change!

I am currently at 27.6%. I'm not sure what I was when I started, but at 178 lb I was 36.9%.
  • That is so wonderful! How inspiring!

I think I posted this elsewhere, but I'm so proud I'll post it again. Since I started changing my diet and exercising more, my glucose has dropped from 92 to 70, my total cholesterol from 164 to 146, my LDL (bad cholesterol) from 76 to 66, my HDL (good cholesterol) has stayed the same, and my triglycerides dropped almost in HALF from 107 to 56! And according to my Tanita scale, body fat is down from 31.7% to 27.9%.
  • Quote: That is so wonderful! How inspiring!

I think I posted this elsewhere, but I'm so proud I'll post it again. Since I started changing my diet and exercising more, my glucose has dropped from 92 to 70, my total cholesterol from 164 to 146, my LDL (good cholesterol) from 76 to 66, my HDL (good cholesterol) has stayed the same, and my triglycerides dropped almost in HALF from 107 to 56! And according to my Tanita scale, body fat is down from 31.7% to 27.9%.
    Wow, that is fantastic! Congratulations!