Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 12/31/01-1/6/02

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
View Poll Results: Overall, how happy have you been with your weight loss efforts this past year?
Ecstatically Happy
6.90%
Extremely Happy
17.24%
Very Happy
10.34%
Happy
13.79%
Good
10.34%
Okay
6.90%
Not That Great
0%
Could of Been Better
10.34%
Really Bad
6.90%
Dismal
6.90%
Just Starting Out
10.34%
Other
0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
    TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
    WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
    FRIDAY-FUN FRIDAY

Please visit our NEW 2002 BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...444#post141713

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our JANAURY/FEBRUARY/MARCH 2002-FIRST QUARTER RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...910#post141648

We have NINE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!!

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12044

WANT TO POST YOUR WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12043

DO YOU HAVE A MONTHLY GOAL? Post your End of Month Goal on our new GOAL BOARD at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12045

b]VISIT OUR SUGAR BUSTERS 2001/2002 PICTURE GALLERY[/b] at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10759

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
  • GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

A NEW DAY

What has happened has happened. If you've had a difficult day, or month, or year, it does no good to dwell on your unfortunate experiences. Move on past them. Avoid the temptation to feel sorry for yourself or to enlist the pity of others. Your troubles are in the past so there is no reason whatsoever for dismay.

Get up and get going. The future is completely open and filled with an unlimited supply of positive possibilities. Today is a new day and you are fortunate enough to be living it. Furthermore, you can decide precisely how to live this day. You can determine what will become of it. Don't look backward with regret or contempt. Look forward with gratitude and excitement.

Your attitude right now matters more than anything that could have ever happened in the past. Forget about making excuses. Focus on making a difference. Every bit of negativity you've ever experienced is now in the past. Do yourself a big favor and leave it there.

-- Ralph Marston

PLEASE make sure you check out the NEW BOARDS I posted. Have been up since 4am working on these (couldn't sleep, so figured, what the heck!). There's a NEW BIO BOARD as well, so please try to update your old BIO into the new board. As much as I didn't want to have to post up a new one, we really needed to get it updated.

Have a wonderful day, a fabulous week and the BEST NEW YEARS EVER!!!!!

Debbie
    194/12?/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached goal 6/10/01
  • End of 2001 Already!
    Hard to believe a whole year has passed already!

Pretty quiet on the board yesterday. Guess everyone is on their way to a ball game or getting ready for a party tonight.

My pesky 1 lb gain from my low seems to want to stay. But, I've got a couple of days till WIW to work on losing it. We're just taking it easy. Going nowhere tonight. Had too much running around and too many late nights this past week and we're all pooped.

I've set myself a goal of 10 lbs (from pre-Christmas weight) gone by the end of February. So that means I want to be 155 by Feb 28.

I like the idea of the monthly goal board. What a great way to start the New Year.

Debelli My inlaws are going to check the HFS near them and it'll give them something to do to go to Boca Raton (only 15 minutes away). Thanks for the info. It was cold here yesterday, but because of the wind. I don't mind when it's just the temp that's cold, but hate the wind chill factor. Poor Buffalo is just in the wrong area of the lake. They always seem to get dumped on with snow, but this week was really bad. 7 feet in 5 days. Toronto sent some machinery and guys to help clear out the snow. We have a slight dusting on the ground. Very strange for us tho. I'm afraid that we'll get it like Buffalo soon!

I want to wish everyone a healthy, safe and
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
  • Good Morning Everyone......Long time no post. I've been thinking about you all lately even though I haven't been posting. Of course with New Years right around the corner I plan to be a woman on a mission....a ugar Busters mission that is.....Hats off to those of you who survived the holidays without going off the food deep end. I was not one of those people. I was at the opposite end of the spectrum. There was so much sugar laden-white flour stuff brought into my work, I announced to my fellow employees to take it all home because I was going to throw everything into the trash if they didn't take it home!

Everything has been going well in my life, already got promoted to Office Manager at my new job, and everyone has been so wonderful there to work with. No stressers like Dr. Evils office was. Since I was promoted we hired one of my dear friends to nurse, so I'm extra lucky to have such a good friend there.

I haven't been lurking on the board, so I hope everyone has been well and had a joyous holiday season. After watching the Rose Parade tomorrow I plan on laying in bed and re-read SB cover to cover to get re-charged. I have mentally been preparing myself for some time that I would get back on track. I was looking for some reasons why I have this weight problem....but all I know for sure is that SB works, I feel so much better with this WOE, I need to do it, and I feel confident that I can and will make my goal this year.

When I first started on this board, I weighed 226, I stayed on plan for about 1 month and was down to 218. Since doing things
    "my way", I have found myself with all the weight back, and then some, and am reporting in at 234.5.

Debelli You are the inspiration for us all. I have never forgotten your kindness, you words of inspiration, your unconditional love despite feeling undeserving since I was not able to stay OP. You are like a mother who never stops loving a child, and I appreciate all the time and effort as well as your dedication to this board.
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM NORTH TEXAS!
    Here's wishing everyone a safe, happy, losing new year.

Spent last week in LA visiting relatives, first the in-laws, then my folks. Ate dinner Christmas Day with ILs and was not surprised to see no accomadations for my WOE. Can't say they didn't know I wasn't eating sugar or high carbs. Just felt that my situation wasn't important enough to even check with me about foods I could eat. I had decided I was going to eat a small serving or cornbread dressing, because I dearly love it and missed it at Thanksgiving. The thing I had the most trouble with was the chocolate covered macadamia nuts that my MIL always orders for Christmas. I had 5 of them over a two day period and felt awful afterwards. I agree that eating the sugar and chocolate just makes you crave it that much more and that's the reason it's so bad for you.

I did much better eating OP at my folks, but my mom had a huge bowl of pistashios and I really ODed on them. I'm back home now and drinking as much water as I can and working on the 2 lbs. that I gained.

We've had a great vacation. My DS will be here until Thrs. morning. He's made the rounds visiting friends, stayed out until 4am Saturday morning and again last night until 3am this morning. Our Holiday Ball was great and I'll post a picture on the photo board. My best pictures (the ones I took with my new digital camera), I deleted trying to load them onto the computer. I was sick at my stomach about it and still get that feeling now, three days later. My son gave the invocation and my dh didn't get the pics of that, but I did. And some good ones of him dancing with his date. At least now maybe when I ask for help my dh won't be so quick to say no.

VA and Cat: Welcome back to the board. I havn't been as faithful as I could be, but I'm sure hoping that now after the holidays, I can get here more. It's really a shame how the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas gets us all so stressed. I know I feel so much better reading from everyone, knowing I'm not alone in this quest for a better me.

Mellie and others: Welcome!!!!
    I think the hardest thing to do is just "do it". I had the SB book for a year before I finally felt that I could "give up" the foods that were so toxic to me. Be aware, you will have a terrible headache for a little while, but that's just your body detoxing. Take lots of Tylenol and after the headaches subside, you will be amazed at how you don't crave sugar! A suggestion from others, stay away from all carbs at first, then gradually add them back in. I did't eat any breads or sweet potatoes or brown rice for the first several weeks. I did keep eating fruit but only 2 servings a day, on an empty stomach. And ask questions. We are all here to help.

Well, believe it or not, we have snow in our forecast. I hope it's not a repeat of the ice we had last New Year's Eve. But I'd sure like to see some flakes. It does look like snow clouds, but our weatherman is saying the snow will be south and west of us and up in OK.

Have a great day, everybody. I have a date with my DH to go and see Lord of the Rings today. But we'll make the matinee because I don't want to be out tonight. We haven't been out at NY's for about 8 years. Just like being home by the fire.

Take care,
    Jeanie
    196/172(but working on it)/130
  • end of year
    Happy last day of 2001! Today started at 13 degrees, so needless to say, my workout was indoors. I'm gonna have to teach Cleo to run on the TM if this cold snap doesn't break soon. The scale was up 3 stinkin pounds from 1 reasonably sized portion of chinese food last night- salmon and green beans with onions in black bean sauce. Not even any rice. I know it's full of cornstarch and sodium, but really- 3 pounds worth??? Couldn't figure out what else to eat at the restaurant and didn't get a vote in where we went I couldn't even get my usually loose rings on this am, so I'm ending the year up 4 from my low, not a happy situation. Except for the chinese, can't figure out where the rest came from, I guess I need to reread the book or try something new.

Glad to see Nance back and Jred and Cat, guess once tomorrow is over, we'll all be back with some new additions.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

mel
  • Well Deb you can say you where right! We all come back after the New Year (actually the day before.) I have been lurking here and there! I just noticed the Goal board and its something i was just telling a friend i needed. The last month has been bad for me food wise-well last 3 months! HA!! I have been far from the scale and this is not the week to weigh myself either (TOM! HAPPY DAY!) I guess i will have to think about my 2002 goal and get that on the board- Deb do i need a new BIO? Am i still welcomed! LOL I see lots of newbies and thats exciting! I hope i can help. I am debating if i should go back to WW meetings my mom is going back -again! I should go to support her, but I know i can do this on my own! Anyway i will get around to weighing myself. Tonight we are going to a house party I really would like to just stay home and go to bed! I think i can control the food but am planning some drinks! Started a journal this morning and have written everything that went in my face so far! wooooo hoooo. Going to start the excersise thing on Wend. when the kiddos go back to school. That is one thing i have been doing even though the food stunk! SInce i had that eposde with my back. Got some new weights for xmas and some dimond earings from hubby (gotta love that bonus!) 1.5 of a carot! but they are cute! Here i go babbling off subject -AGAIN! Anyway. Going over to the goal board!
    Hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!

To goal and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda---------Hi mel, nance, j Red, and Zanne Deb tooooooo!
    201.2/1something! not what it used to be! LOL/135ish!
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    just a quick note after getting off work. sure hope everyone has a very happy new year. we have plans to go out with friends for dinner to a little chinese place that we frequent that serves chinese/spanish food of all things. all i have to do is let the owner know if i want shrimp or chicken and she fixes the most beautful plate of steamed vegies and either the chix or shrimp. she knows i do not eat rice or egg rolls or the soup so she loads me up on broccoli and other legal vegies. it is like going to chinese relatives for dinner!

the weather in central florida is wet and chilly, i feel like i am up north, well sort of.

can not wait to see the florida sugarbusters this weekend in orlando and hope the others can get together in the future.

a big hello to everyone on this board and heres to wonderful weight losses this coming year. i told deb that one of my resolutions for the year is to keep posting more regularly, i will have to keep a notepad by the computer to keep track of all of you, you are a very caring and supportive bunch and i am soo thankful that i found this board!

your friend,

chris
  • HidieHo all!!!

Okay, Okay!!!!! I blew it. We had jambalaya, cornbread, black eyed peas, and shrimp. I did it and I'd like to say I'm glad, but not...although I don't feel really bad about it. I will survive and will get back on track.......Can I say New Year's Eve and New Year's Day only comes once a year!

Am sick of BOWL GAMES!!! Kids are happy though. I've been watching moveis after going to NH this a.m. We had such a good time the residents almost missed lunch!!!!

Tomorrow morning is mine. I do nothing until Rose Parade is over. I love to watch it!!!

I want to thank you all for being ny friends and supporters this past year, I have lost around 60#, (not sure until I go again to Dr.), and I couldn't have done it without you all.

I look forward to our next year together. We have had our ups and downs and have helped each other celebrate the downs and overcome the ups. We deserve a big hand!

I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Take care, Shirley
  • Evening All

Sorry I've been MIA today and haven't had time to post-long day and it's not over, still have cleaning to do, been non-stop all afternoon, morning and early afternoon running with my Mom to get things for the party tomorrow. Here it is almost 10pm and I haven't had dinner yet!

The weather is awful here. I walked out the house for my usual walk/jog this morning at 6:15 and it was raining. Tried again around 4pm, again, started to rain. Finally, Michael pushed me out to go, and he went with me, around 5:00, we got caught in a heavy downpour, had no choice but to get wet, only got in 2 1/2 miles

I'll try to get on sometime tomorrow night to post and reply to everyone, shouldn't be too late when everyone leaves tomorrow.

I hope you all have a HEALTHY & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
    194/122/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached goal 6/10/01
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

BOB Is still up and going....we didn't do much tonight..The three boys all went their separate ways. ASA to the CITRUS BOWL to watch the BIG ORANGE play!!!!
    Jason and Jeremy to CHARLESTON....so the OLD FARTS were on their own...We went out for a nice dinner and then to see OCEANS 11.......GREAT MOVIE for those of you who haven't seen it...I've got to get back to my weekly movie reviews...

BOB will be on a mission when she returns to the WEST COAST OF FLA....I have to get that glucose tolerence test done....but I think I've figured that one out...remember all that chocolate I ate when I quit smoking?

I see a lot of new NAMES...I'll get to each of you individually when I get home...WELCOME!!!! Are my eyes failing me????? DID I SEE A POST FROM NANCY????? and RHOO???? All we need is VIV and all the MIA'S will be back among the old chicks!!!

DEBBIE...good luck with your party...can't wait to hear about it...Pinch ELI on the butt for me will you??? Give him a big ole wet kiss for me and a hug for you...

I'm off to attempt sleep....NITE NITE EVERYONE....

BOB
  • Happy New Year
    Just hopping in to wish you all Happy Healthy New Year!

Saw a build board at a gym that said "Merry Fitness and Happy New Rear!" That's what I plan now that the marathon is almost upon me. I plan to begin more of a fitness routine that includes weight training with my cardio, also plan to do cardio other than running.

My in-laws dog died very suddenly on Sunday and it has made all of us very, very sad. She was a great dog and will be missed. We were just with her on Saturday and it is hard to beleive that she is gone. She was a member of our family too.

DH and I had a quiet evening at home last night. Spewer ***** had a party but didn't see fit to invite us, just everyone else. That's all I will say about that.

Plan to get busy cleaning up the house in an attempt to get ready to go outta town to meet some true FRIENDS!

My best to all of you in 2002!

Peace,
    FROG
  • Happy New Year
    Hello and welcome to the new Year to all,

I got back from my short vacation in Alabama last night just before midnight. WE came back a day early cause We wouldn't of got to see much of my brother last night or today, so we decided to get ahead of the traffic. It was 642 miles of a numb bum, but we were glad to get home.

How was everyone's new year!!!!!! I like to hear how everyone spent it, Nice and quiet suits me just fine these days.

Frog ...I just love that quote...Merry Fitness and Happy NEw Rear.

BoB sounds like you are having a great vacation and enjoying your self. NOt missing much down here...little rain yesterday and a cool day today. 60's

Deb....as I type you must be up to your elbows with company and tons of things to do. I hope that things go well for you and you get a chance to catch your breath when they all go home.

Well....It is great to see so many posts from different people--we are all coming back to get busy and do it to it. I know that with the support we give each other we can be successful.

I do have to start the year out right...by thanking all you people for being there and encouraging me durong the past year, which allowed me to be so successful toward my goals. THANK YOU

Well, I will check back later, need to great something done.
    Laurie
  • Hi!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone.

Today is my first day on the diet and so far so good. So far my husband has been very understanding and looking forward to some new recipes and alterations in our WOE. My daughter is not so thrilled. I am slowly getting rid of the "illegal" stuff and giving to friends.

It's supposed to snow here tonight! Quite unusual for the Houston area. We however are thrilled! I think this called for Chili tonight!

Looking forward to being on the boards and meeting everyone.

Tina
  • Where in tarnation is everybody?
    Seems like I keep checking in but noone is here today. Eveyone must be nursing their New Year's Eve hangover!

DH and I just finished eating dinner. Had to get those new year's black-eyed peas eaten! That must be a southern thing.

Took my last run, 4 miler, until SUNDAY, SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!! Getting pretty exciting now!

I hope this weather front doesn't mess us up on our travels though! We have a 4-wheel drive vehicle, just hope we don't need it to go to Florida of all places!

Will check back in tomorrow! Good Luck with WIW.

Peace,
    FROG