Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/257.4/175

Cool Life + PMS + Stress = Eat MORE Comfort Food

Hello everyone.

This is a rough "intro" thread. But I will give it my best!!!

Hello! I am Elizabeth and I am 25 years old. I live in the Northeast! My family lives all over the Northeast and in Texas. My boyfriend lives in Texas...so that adds to the stress. I work as a District Trainer, which means that 30% of my day is spent in my car and packed lunches hard, especially in the warm months. I am also a full time student, so I am always on the go...

I have been overweight most of my life, with the exception of fall 2001, spring through fall 2003, and fall 2004 through spring 2005. I am most successful when I am working out daily for an hour. Cardio is my friend and it is amazing how my body responds. I LOVE to eat.

From the title of this, I am sure that you gathered that I am a stress eater. That is the down fall. Last Monday, my boyfriends mom had brain surgery. She is doing well and is back home. Monday night, I found out that my grandpa's wife was hospitalized and that she was having brain surgery on Tuesday. Wednesday, she was diagnosed with lymphoma (again, she had it and was in remission) and was going to begin Chemo. My grandpa was upset and crying...and when that happens, my rock crumbles, and I cry too.

With all that. There is LOTS of stress eating going on and not so much gymming!

I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!!!! And, some positive reinforcement!!! And, in a perfect world, a workout partner!!! Ha ha ha!!!

Thanks for reading and any responses!!

Good luck, and together, we can all get where we want!!!

oh2Bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties in your life right now.

But welcome to 3FC! This is an amazing community.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #3  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now! With so much stress, it's easy to forget to take care of yourself. In times like that, I just try to remind myself that taking care of my body will at least give me control over one thing in my life! I hope everything gets better for you soon!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, welcome

I think you will really like it here.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote