Weekly Chat August 13 - 19

• Hey everyone thought I would start up the weekly thread. I知 still on vacation in Phoenix all week. I知 having a great time. We went to the zoo on Saturday and walked around for like 3 hours in the evening. Sunday we went tubing. It was so much fun. I was a lot of physical activity but so much fun. I知 still surprised that I can do things like this. Going to the zoo would have been exhausting at my heaviest especially because it is so hot. And I would have never dreamed of tubing. I would have been afraid the tub would have sank. But it went great. Today has been another day of fun in the sun, my friends that I am staying with are at work so I went and hit the pool and hot tub. When my friend gets home from work then we are going to work out. She wants to start working out but hasn稚 been able to bring herself to the gym so I知 going to force her to go tonight. I致e been eating really well too, especially for being on vacation. Not overindulging, not eating sweets.

How has everyone elses week starting? Any big plans?
  • Hey chick! I haven't posted in the chat thread in forever, but I figured I would stop by and say hello.

Congrats on a good job on vacation! I love the zoo AND tubing!! What fun!

My week has started off alot better. THings are looking up. I am ready to kick some booooooooty.

Mary
  • blah i got on the scale at the drs office and i swear i'm still bloated from surgery but the nurse said 181...i blame the comfort food and gas from the laproscopic surgery along with possible period coming back.(i had surgery thursday it took well over a week to lose the gas from the pervious surgery i had in july)
    anyway i plan to get back on track soon, i'm done with drs visits and surgeries.
    the only thing that makes me feel better for now is being able to wear my belly jewelry again.
    okie off to get the oldest baby to bed and drag myself there to try and sleep
  • SockMonkey - Glad you are back posting.

Lisa - don't worry about being high from your laproscopic it takes time to recover from sugery. Can I ask what did you have done? I couldn't exercies for like 2 months after I had my gallbladder out in November (via a laproscopic). It was a terrible experience and IMHO the doctor lied when he said it wouldn't be that painful. The only reason I lost any weight right after the sugery is they didn't let me eat for the 5 days I was in the hospital and then when I got out I couldn't eat really anything so I was living on soup and other extremly low fat food.

My plan for today is to go to the gym once get off the internet, then come back change for the pool, hit the hot tub for a few minutes (it is like 100 degrees so time in the hot tub should be limited), and then hang out in the pool for a few hours. Then I told my friends that I would make dinner so it would be ready when they get home from work and then we are either going to the outlet mall or ASU.
  • Remember - Glad to hear you're having a good vacation! I'm sure it's sooo hot there right now! I just returned from visiting my parents in Minnesota, and the weather there was SO great! Now I'm back in Texas, where it's 104 degrees! Ugh!

Dreamer -I hope you're week gets better! If you're really unhappy in you're major, I'd think it would be ok to switch. Lot's of people switch a lot, and you're right, what matters is that you are happy. Good Luck!

I went back to work today, started my 2 weeks of teacher inservice before the first day of school. Not sure how my weight is going, cause I just got back from out of town, but I'll weigh myself in the morning. I think I did ok while I was gone; I made good food choices except for some movie theater popcorn! Oops!
  • i had my tubes tied by LAP, i'm feeling pretty good aside from being bloated. i'm trying my hardest to avoid junkfood which is my biggest vice aside from coffee.
    i did some clothes shopping today so i can officially hide/burn/give away my maternity stuff and weed thru things that are beyond their wear, it felt nice to be able to get a form fitting shirt(the look on my hubby's face was enough). it wasnt much i prolly spent a little over $10 on 4 shirts
  • Hey girls! So I know people typically gain the college "freshman 15" but has anyone also gained the work "freshman 15"? Since I've started work about a year ago I have gained 12 pounds!!!
  • This week for me has been and is going to be very full of stuff. Monday-Thursday I have college courses from 6:00PM-9:15PM and this is the last week of courses, so I have all sorts of assignments due that I should have been doing all along, but haven't been. HUGE procrastinator. So, I've been writing things like mad for the last few days.

This morning, I took a pill (and I'll take another tonight) to soften my cervex, because tomorrow afternoon (after I drop off the papers I'm writing to a professor), I'm having the Merina IUD put in. Having an IUD put in is stressful all by itself...so all in all, I'm feeling very STRESSED.
  • argh I just want this week to be over. I'm up 3lbs (wtf!?) from Sunday however - considering all I've had is ONE biscuit off plan I'm guessing it's gonna be TOM soon and water weight (bah bloody humbug to it anyway, been busting my *** for the past six days straight and look what my body does to me! rah)

Other than that, thanks to the fact that I'm now smaller than I was (yet nowhere near where I need to be) I've declined an offer to go to a party. I'm shy anyway - I have pretty much no friends and live in middle of countryside. Friend from work invites me - what do i do? I think about all the thin people that a) I don't know and b) will judge me (yeah I know I'm sure they won't but tell my mind that) so i decline. I have nothing to wear either so boo. I'll be sitting at home (again) while I SHOULD have accepted and be having a good time.

Roll on next week for goodness sake.
  • HI ALL - sounds like most of us are having a rough week - myself included - still no loss after my gain this past wk - but off to the gym today....

• I weighed yesterday morning and I lost 2.5 pounds while I was out of town! Yay! It makes me feel good that I can make healthy food choices even when I am not counting calories.
  • Hi ladies!

I was so bad today. I went to a Brewer's baseball game with people from work. We had awesome tickets I must say, plus I got some good pictures of JJ Hardy (HOTT!). Anywho, we had meal vouchers (I love you corporate America!) for free food but of course in there weren't any healthy choices so I got a hot dog and cheese fries. How horrible is that?

Of course it's not going to throw me off plan but I feel so guilty. I'm about to go work out now and for dinner I'll probably get Subway. Out of sight out of mind, eh?
  • Dreamer – I hope your week has gotten better. Your in my thoughts.

Britteny – How is setting up for school going?

Lisa – I hope your feeling better.

CookieMonster – The work 15 doesn’t surprise me. I know when I worked in an office there was always so much food around it was terrible.

Azure – I hope that everything goes good with your IUD.

Danial – You should try and put yourself out there. I realize now all of the thins I missed because I was heavy and had the same attitude. I’m still heavy but I have a ton more self confidence.

Kim – I’m in law school and during the year I could probable get a free lunch almost every day but I’ve realized that there is no such thing as free food you always pay for it some why or another (either in your wallet or your waist). But it’s good that you realized your mistake and are bouncing back.

I’m still having fun on vacation. I’ve been eating more then normal (but still healthy food) but I’ve also been more active. I haven’t been able to get my friend to go to the gym but I’ve been going during the day while she is at work. Also I have been spending a ton of time in the pool. Granted I’m lounging around most of the time I’m in the pool but I also make a point to swim some laps.

I leave Saturday morning to go back home. The boy that I like is picking me up from the airport (he dropped me off when I came here). When I talked to him on the phone today (we’ve talked everyday) he said he is bring me a surprise to the airport. I’m kindof excited and curious.
  • Remember -Thanks for asking! It's going pretty well, I got in some good time today and it's starting to look like a real classroom! I still have a few more bulletin boards to put up, but that's about it. Hopefully it will be done by Monday evening. Then I can move on to writing lesson plans...fun!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and good luck with your guy!
  • Wow, it certainly has been a while since I have visited here. I see a lot of new faces so I just wanted to say hi
    Let me see...
    I moved to a different part of the state(Washington). Closer to home and better all around.. except the tiny fact that moving means stress, finding a new gym and placing things on hold.
    With that said, my weight has krept back on... 10 pounds. Not good...
    We have been eating out, but you know... I have enjoyed it. The fact that my clothes are getting snug, I dont enjoy, but spending time with freinds and family, wineing and dineing.
    It is now time to get back on track and I am going to get a membership today.. finally!
    I miss not working out! It has greatly effected my mood and my energy levels!

So, I guess I will cut it off there.
    I will visit more often and I hope everyone is doing well!!