New LAWL meals

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This may be in another thread - but I can't seen to find it - I know I have seen mention of the new prepacked food LAWL is offering in some areas. Has anyone tried them yet? Any nutritional info to share - I would be curious to see how they compare to NutriSystem, etc. Thanks!!
  • I think it was Lynn that tried them. She said it was good but a lot of sodium.
  • Here is one link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119619
  • Here's another. Not sure this is what you are looking for. I don't remember but 1 post about someone having tried them.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119510
  • So-they have about the same nutritional info as LCs and WWs-but cost twice as much? yeah.
  • sounds about right, doesn't it, JM?
  • Kinda funny the way they harp on the sodium thing-then come out with this . . .
  • I went WI this morning and they knew nothing of these meals! I wonder why only some centers are offering them and not the others.
  • That seems to be fairly normal lately. There seem to be quite a few centers that aren't aware of the new program changes either (like mine). I imagine once the center switches over to the new plan - the new meals will follow a few weeks later. I go for WI tomorrow - the first one since I found out everyone has quite as far as counselors goes and the "corporate" guy is supposed to be in town. I hope I get to meet him/her. I am taking a list of questions with me just in case.
  • Here is the repeat of what I said about the new pre-packaged meals
    I caved in and bought 3 of the new packaged meals. I am getting sick of the same old, same old menus I come up with each day. They are $3.99 each and I was told that you can have 2 a day. I don't plan to do that. I understand that there are 15 choices. I got the Vegetable lasagna, Chicken Chili and Mushroom Risotto.

I am happy to report that I had my first "Right Portions" LAWL meal for lunch. I had vegetable lasagna and I was very pleased. I don't like spicy foods so for me the flavor was just right. It almost tasted as if there was meat in it. Lasagna is one of the meals that I have missed since I have been on the program. It counts as 1 protein, 2 starches. I should not have been surprised that it is heavier in salt than I would have hoped. Sodium 620mg; calories 280; total fat 8 grams; fiber 8 grams; sugars 7 grams and protein 17 grams.
  • Frozen Meal Guidelines from LAWL
    Lynn - sounds like your meal at least fits the LAWL published guidelines. Does the portion look comparable to a Lean Cuisine??

Each frozen meal counts as 1 protein and 1 starch
    You can use up to 5 per week (of course, now that they are selling them, they say you can have more)
    Guidelines:
    Calories - between 200 and 300
    Carbs - less than 40 grams
    Protein - at least 14 grams (vegetarian entrees greater than 7g)
    Fat - less than 10 grams
    Sodium - less than 750 mg

Prior to making their own, they suggested Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice and Michelina's Lean Gourmet. I know Kashi, WW, and South Beach probably all fit the guidelines too.
  • Yes, the portion is comparable to a Lean Cusine. It was filling.
  • Lynn-I am surprised you said you were sick of the same old menus, everytime I look at your menus for the week I am amased how creative you are! I have gotten a lot of ideas from you.
  • Thanks. I guess I should have said that using one of these meals is a no-brainer. There isn't any planning except to have one on hand.
  • Lynx - Thanks for repeating your information. I knew I had just seen it but for some reason, I was unable to find it. Correct me if I'm wrong but the new LAWL meals are shelf stable like NutriSystem, correct? Thanks for all your help. I have gotten some great advice and counsel from this site.