Valentine's Day Goals!!

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • HI ALL!

I had my first weigh in for this goal last Thursday night and I lost 2.5 pounds!! My goal is to lose 5 lbs by Valentines Day so I'm well on my way! WooHoo!

Kathy -welcome and good luck with your goal!

Elisa - congrats on the 2 lbs lost!

Rabbit
  • Good to hear from all the familiar and new losers! As you may remember, I was on quite a roll for a short time but started to lose it in October, then completely lost it after that. (no, not weight, control!) I have gained back 5 pounds . Hopefully, I will be able to get back on track here. I have my birthday, VD and several trips coming up so.... HERE GOES!

1) Get back to drinking water
    2) Cut non-water beverages
    3) Try to get back to point range
    4) Exercise at least twice a week

Weight goal: 10 lbs, 4 weeks
    --------Goal--------Actual-----Goal Met
    1/15----155----------155---------1/15 (look, I'm doin it!)
    1/22----151----------153--------- (hoping for a big H2O loss here)
    1/29----149
    2/5-----147
    2/12----145

Ok, not so realistic, but maybe possible. I usually do quite well when just "starting up".

Keep up the good work all!
  • BAILEY! WELCOME BACK!

Rabbit
  • OK, second weigh in was last night and I lost 1 1/4. Technically I think it was 1.2 so we'll go with that (for some reason she rounds). I'm so glad to have a loss - I spent 4 days out of town - so I'm quite pleased with myself.

Valentines day goal - Lose 5 pounds
    1st week - lost 2.5
    week 2 - lost 1.2
    ** 3.7 down ** 1.3 to go ** 4 weeks to go**

I can do it!

Rabbit
  • YEAY RABBIT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thought I'd double-check on my Valentine's Day Plans. Here they are again:

1. To have licked the 'candy bowl' habit at work, once and for all
    (Okay, I wouldn't say 'once and for all', but I've made remarkable strides here. I used to go on 'candy binges' at work. We're talking 400-600 calories of candy over the course of the day. I've had lesser amounts of candy a few times -- maybe 100 calories worth -- and one smaller binge of about 300-400 calories. So it's definitely a lot better.)

2. Exercise 3x a week, for at least half an hour
    (Er, okay, I've done nothing on this. But I ordered exercise clothes!)

3. Cook dinner at least once a week
    (I've done pretty good with this. I've eaten out at restaurants a lot, but then I've done a lot of business travel.)

4. Lose 10 pounds (about 1.5 pound/week - just starting out again)
    (This is on track, I think. 6.5 pounds down in the first three weeks. Always seems to come off quicker when you just start up.)
  • Bailey - thanks!

Scuttle - congrats on your great loss so far!! 6.5 is alot. That would be tougher eating out so much. good luck on the exercise!

Rabbit
  • Well, here we are, another week gone, and my scale is at my old apartment. It's supposed to snow again today, so I probably won't get it tonight, guess I'll weigh in next week, or something. I guess it's kind of a good thing that I'm not dying to weigh myself everyday!!

Congrats to everyone on your losses!! I hope to be joining you as soon as I get my scale!!
  • WTG Scuttle!!!

LBH good luck with the scale
  • Not what I had hoped, but no tears here. I lost 2 lbs this week! Actually, being one that weighs every day, I think that number is inflated - I seem to have followed program from thursday to Monday and gained .5 lb (ok, so I didn't follow program, but I was within points-- see food log). However, When I woke up today I was down 2.5 from yesterday!

Here's to only getting better.
  • Bailey - congrats on the loss!!

Rabbit
  • Valentines Day goal update

week 1 = lost 2.5 pounds
    week 2 = lost 1.25 pounds
    week 3 = + .25 pounds
    TOTAL LOSS SO FAR = 3.5 POUNDS
    ** 3 WEEKS TO GO, 1.5 POUNDS **

Rabbit
  • Update:

1) Get back to drinking water - pretty good
    2) Cut non-water beverages - BAD
    3) Try to get back to point range - pretty good
    4) Exercise at least twice a week - BAD

Weight goal: 10 lbs, 4 weeks
    --------Goal--------Actual-----Goal Met
    1/15----155----------155---------1/15 (look, I'm doin it!)
    1/22----151----------153---------1/24(hoping for a big H2O loss here)
    1/29----149
    2/5-----147
    2/12----145
  • Congrats to all the losers - I am gaining inspiration from you all
  • Obviously didn't gain enough inspiration
    Can some one please explain how I can lose 4lbs one week, but manage to gain 5lbs the following week?

I have no idea what is going on, but as you can well imagine, I am pretty cheesed off.