Egg whites

• I have recently discovered them and was wondering what different low cal, low fat ways everyone prepares them? Thanks!
  • I use them to make a veggie omelet: I finely chop broccoli, onions, zucchini, red/green pappers, scallions (whatever veggies I have on hand) and saute them in a lightly sprayed frying pan, adding a little water as needed.

When the veggies are softened, I add the egg whites, along with a little shredded low-fat cheese.

After the egg is cooked through, I throw in a couple tablespoons of a nice salsa.

Because I use a lot of veggies, this looks more like an egg-coated veggie filling than an omelet, but it's really low in calories and fat, and high in protein and fiber. A have some fruit on the side, and have a very satisfying light meal!
  • I like to combine egg whites and whole eggs. Rather than two eggs, I'll use 2 egg whites and 1 egg. Then I still have the yellow color and consistency from the 1 yolk, which I like because egg whites by themselves can be a little rubbery.