40-Something Chat Thread

You're on Page 33 of 81
Go to
  • New but excited
    Hey all,

This is my first day posting. I love this site. Cool people. I have lost 40 pds in 5 months and want about 10 more. I am one of the fortunate ones who has a very supportive and encouraging husband. I also have been able to work with a personal trainer. I have gone from a size 18 to an 8!! I can't believe it!! Everyone keep posting I love reading everything!! And about the buckeyes.....yum!!! Peanut butter is a good fat so they can't be all that bad for us!!
  • Rex
    Nice going on the weight loss. I have lost 38lbs and only gone down 2 sizes lol. They could tell me I would lose 50lbs over night if I ate a jar of peanut butter and I still wouldn't eat the stuff lol.
  • Welcome RexsCorks, You've done a terrific job on your weightloss. It's nice to have here. I hope you can find time to pop in so we can get to know you.
    I don't believe I ate one actual HEALTHY thing yesterday, unless you count salsa. My sister owns a 2 lane bowling alley/bar/resteraunt in our home town. Sometimes when the kids have unexpected down time we order food from her. Like yesterday. I had a HUGE cheeseburger with fried onions and a nice handful of fries. Yummy! Then while watching tv last night a salsa commercial came on. I looked at my DD and said, "ah, we have chips and salsa," and away I went. I can feel the puffy in my fingers as I type this morning. Not that I'm mad at myself or anything. I think that it's ok to eat like that on occasion, but should I have chosen a day so close to Christmas, hmmm. I'd planned to walk the halls for 30 min while my boys are at basketball practice. I'll be doing at least 2 extra miles since I'm in town and it is pretty warm. We're expected to get rain this morning turning to snow and ice this afternoon. I hope my SIL gets an early start from MNPLS.
    Oh, and peanut butter straight off the spoon is one of my favorite things. mmmmm
  • Welcome RexsCorks!!! Merry Christmas!
    Congratulations on your weightloss. Stand up and be proud!!!

I hope everyone is staying warm. I watched the weather channel this morning and it looks pretty messy out there. We will see 40 this evening.
    (I know, Jan-that's a heat wave for most of us).
    Kinda bummed out this morning-Hubby had to go to work on the AZ/CAL border. It's a 4 hr drive for him, he'll do 1 hr of work, then drive back. Kinda wanted to spend the day with him. So, I guess I'll go cut the grass...and get after the dog. I caught him peeing on the Christmas tree. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!!!
    Found out that I'm gonna be a grandma again, that's pretty exciting.
    Well, the lawn isn't going to cut itself. Just stalling........
    Hugs to everyone!
  • Hi Janny, In lucky ole WI we got another 6+ inches of the "pretty" stuff last night. Roads in my area of course are doable, but the wind is really whipping making for some surprise drifts. We all must be careful. Thankfully I've all my shopping done. The only travel I'll do today is a 4 mile flat drive to church. My hubby works 40 miles away on the weekends and he used the snowstorm as a good excuse to take the day off. The lead guy said he'd have to write him up, but Dh told him to go ahead. In 3 1/2 yrs he's only been written up 1 other time. (for the same reason even) So he thinks his record can handle it lol What does your honey do on the boarder?
    The wind will force me to walk on the TM again. Not my favorite, but now I'm really glad I didn't move it to make room for the Christmas tree. I like right where it is and I probably would not have used it if I changed it's location. DD and I are singing in church today and it's her day to host the coffee hour. Which means we have to go to church or have all those sweet treats here IN MY HOUSE and I don't want that. She made the pineapple upside down cake all by herself. It looks beautiful. I'm sure it's delicious too. We made 6 dozen other assorted cookies to take as well. That's too many calling my name lol
    Hope everyone can find some time to relax today!
  • lovn
    You have a wonderful time with your family.

Janny
    Don't be to hard on the dog. It's a dog lol. You have a good time mowing the grass. We don't have any snow to worry about at the moment so I am going to have a wonderful time doing nothing.
  • Wow!!
    My name is Carla. Corks is my nickname my husband calls me. Hey what an awesome response!! Thanks everybody for the encouragement and support! I am one who has trouble eating enough so I went to the website fitday.com someone had suggested in a post and how cool that is. I'm down 41 pds now and doing a big happy dance!! It's so fun to share!! Everybody keep up the good work and have a great Christmas!!
  • Hi Corks, looking forward to hearing from you and getting to know you.

Jan: I guess that's the good thing about having some snow on the ground. I do grow weary of mowing by the end of summer. So, cover it all with snow for now so that I don't have to look at it! By spring I'll be ready again.

Well, I'm working this morning. I think that we will get to take off the afternoon, but I'm not sure yet. Then, I'll head home to finish wrapping and spend some time with the kids. They're trying to get me to give them one gift ahead of time, but I am strong and it won't happen! Tonight, after they are in bed, my husband and I get to put all of their stuff together. It's a fun time. We'll see how long they let us sleep in tomorrow. They aren't too worried about Santa anymore, but they do like to open their gifts!! ha!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Here's to a great new year with my new buddies!

Stay safe and warm! Or cool, if you're Jan.
  • Slash
    It has always been a tradition that the kids got to open one present early. This was because we went to grandmas house on Christmas eve. Grandma is no longer with us and hasn't been for a few years but we keep the tradition. I get to pick the gift they open lol. You would think at 17 and 20 they were 7 and 10 lol they have already asked if they get to open one gift lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. So glad I have found all of you. To bad we can't get together and chat face to face about how well we have all done this year.

Lots of love to everyone

Dawn
  • Corks
    Nice going on the weight loss. I have the same problem. Don't eat enough. Fit day has been a great tool to make sure I get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. Besides all the meds finaly being out of my system that put most of the weight on me in the first place. I think fit day has really helped a lot. I now eat more than I ever did. Hope to see you post all the time. We love to know how each other is doing.
  • Hi All - I've just joined today and wanted to say hi to everyone. I know you're all probably not online since it is Christmas, but for whatever reason this is the day I decided to start. I joined WW online this morning and am really hoping this works. I have some 40 pounds to lose and know it will be a long haul, but I hope with support and encouragement I can keep it going. And I hope to be able to provide support and encouragement for everyone else. So, Merry Christmas to you all and I hope to be chatting with you for a long time.

Tammy
  • before

Glad you have decided to join us on this journey we are making to a more healthy and thinner body. You will find great people here doing different things to lose weight and keep it off. We love to know what is going on with people so please post often. I am sure you will give us as much encouragement as we give you.

Isn't it great when you get what you really want.

I already had

Leslie Sansone ( 1995 ) Miracle Mile Walk 1 Mile
    Leslie Sansone ( 1998 ) Walk Off Weight 4 Mile
    Leslie Sansone (2001) Walk Away The Pounds...
    ( 1 Mile ) Get Up And Get Started
    ( 2 Mile ) High Calorie Burn
    ( 3 Mile ) Super Fat Burning
    ( 4 Mile ) ( 2003 ) Express
    Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Advanced Walk 5 Mile

I now have to add to my collection, because of my wonderful hubby

Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs 3 Mile
    Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile
    Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Mile With Waist Belt
    Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Getting Fit With Faith 2 Mile

I have more than enough to do a different 1 or 2 mile walk everyday.

A couple of them he bought new, some used at the video store. Not all of them came with equipment so he also got me, a set of 1.5 lb hand weights with straps, a set of 2 lb hand weights and some stretchy things. I said, " Do you know what I want for Valentines day?" He started to laugh and said what. I said I want her exercise ball video and an exercise ball. He just smiled and said no problem.

Talk about supportive.
  • Welcome, Tammy! You'll enjoy this group! Good luck to you and your goal!

Well, it was a great Christmas! I hope you all had a great day. I indulged a little too much with food and wine, so it felt good to get back on plan today. I have to work today, but that's ok. It shouldn't be too crazy here today.
  • [COLOR="Blue"]Shymoment: How cool is that. I go to the gym but somedays would like to work out at home. I am going to ck our local library for some videos. I must admit I did very well over Christmas with my eating. I did have two glasses of Champagne with orange juice but that's not too bad. I made it to the gym this morning so hopefully that will outway the alcohol!! Hope everyone had a great holiday! Let's get back to work and all get skinny together!! Thanks so much for all the support!!
  • Rexs
    I love Champaign and orange juice. Forgot all about it. Will have to get some for New Years lol. Thanks for the reminder. No gym close. The Y is almost 500 dollars a year so I do walking/aerobic videos lol. Encouragement is the word. Keep letting us know how you are doing.

Slash
    I pretty much eat the same thing all the time so eating isn't the problem. The cappuccinos my husband made for me were the killer lol. Going to have that sugar craving for a few days but that will pass. Been there, done that, can handle it. Nice to have things just about back to normal. Get that darn tree down and everything put away and my house will be back to the norm. I like the norm lol.