Can I run in a skirt?

• Ok, I was at a consignment shop today and saw what I thought was a brand new running tank and shorts. They were made from some "dri" material and were brand new. I got it and when I got home realized the shorts were really a skirt. It doesn't have any sort of shorts or bloomers that go under them, so can I still wear these for running? Can I wear regular underwear under them or what? I can't return them, because the shop is "All sales are final". Any opinions on this? Sorry for the silly question.
  • If you feel uncomfortable running in a skirt with just underwear I would get some spandex to wear under it. Ive worn the spandex before, longer and shorter versions and I think it feels good. Just an option
  • I would get some short spandex to wear underneath...nobody likes thigh chafing! I've seen people out running in skirts, people play tennis in skirts and I've seen people in the gym in those little skirts so go ahead and wear them!
  • I wouldn't run in cotton panties under anything, too sweaty. Choose some technical/wicking underwear (either cut like regular undies or like bike shorts). Look for fabrics like Coolmax or Dri-something.
  • I just got a pair of under armour's compressions shorts and love them! I got the seven inch but they also come in 4 and and boy shrort style. I'd pick up a pair of the short ones and wear them underneath.
  • Quote: I wouldn't run in cotton panties under anything, too sweaty. Choose some technical/wicking underwear (either cut like regular undies or like bike shorts). Look for fabrics like Coolmax or Dri-something.
    Or skip the underwear layer entirely (under shorts, obviously, not under skirts ) A lot of runners I know prefer this. Actually, a couple of my pairs of shorts have built in pants so it would be odd to wear anything else with them.
  • Helen- This is a bit of a tangent, but are you talking about wearing unlined not-bike-shorts shorts without underwear? Shorts like this? I don't know why, but the idea really surprises me.

• All the shorts I have like that have built in pants and yes, I just wear the shorts without anything else.
  • Thanks ya'll! I will pick up some shorts to wear under it.