I bit the bullet

• IM joining a gym today. Its right across the street from work so I'll be able to work out during my lunch break. Step in the right direction.
  • That's a big one! Be sure to get an orientation to the equipment--and have fun! We'll be looking forward to hearing about your gym experience.
  • Congrats
  • Thanks! I go for my assessment next Wed so I'll be sure to post all the embrassing numbers for ALL to see. I also contacted the prayer team at church and asked them to pray for my food addiction and for God to heal the hurts that Im trying to bury with food. I was 226 this morning.
  • Congratulations. I just joined one as well and I'm really enjoying it.

I have to admit; I skipped the assessment. I already know I'm fat and out of shape and I'm pretty sure I'll recognize being thin and fit when I see it.
  • on joining a gym!! Happy working out days!!
  • With each of you that do this, I'm one step closer to following in your foot steps... You're taking away all of my excuses!
  • Yay! You'll enjoy it. Once I got over the fear and went in it was a blast. Nothing like I feared it would be, and I really enjoy being able to use the various equipments. Location is important and it sounds like you picked one that's in a great spot.
  • Im on the way this morning to work out!! Im dropping my daughter off at VBS and Im on the way to a healthier me.
  • Quote: Im on the way this morning to work out!! Im dropping my daughter off at VBS and Im on the way to a healthier me.
    Enjoy!
  • The assessment showed I have 31.9% body fat and weighed in at 223lbs. I also went to a weight loss Dr yesterday and got adipex. He gave me a diet plan for 1500 calories. I really liked how there is even a fast foods menu of things I can eat. The only downfall is I can have 1 c. of tea a day. I love my sweet tea!!!!! Im going to start the diet and meds on Monday as we are going out of town this weekend.
  • Good luck to you Cara. You're doing just great!!!
  • Good for you on joining a gym. Me and my family recently joined one. I am having a great time with it so far. I thought I'd be too embarrassed to work out with all the skinney people in there, but they keep to themselves and so do I. I tell myself when I am in there that "I don't care about what they are thinking, I am here for me. I pay dues here just like they do".

Keep us informed on how it is going!