alcohol during induction?

• is this a no-no - even if i only have like a martini or something with 0-5 carbs?
    I have only been on induction since monday and am going out tomorrow with friends and plan on maybe having one drink. any thoughts?
  • Alcohol is not permitted on Induction. Alcohol interferes with weight loss as the body given a choice will burn alcohol before burning fat. Alcohol may also cause bloating, gas and cravings for sweets.
  • Kim said it very well It's a no-no on Induction, and I'm planning to avoid it until after I'm at goal. Drinking interferes with fat burning--and that's the last thing I want!
  • yeah i figured as much. i might still do it anyway we will see......
  • I've drank alcohol in the past on Induction and stayed in it if I was careful of Total carb count for the day - and careful not to end up drunk at a Pancake House when the bars closed!

Not a good idea in general but I've always got to be so careful of not feeling "deprived," ya know?
  • well after further ponderance i am going to try an abstain from alcohol in general until i lose a good amt of weight then ease back into it