What's For Supper? Wk of July 23rd

• Swedish Meatballs

Salad
  • Chicken, greek salad
  • Not many Supper Posters?????

Leftover Roast Beef au jus

Hoping to get my Cauli-Mash On - (which will require getting off my a$$ and PC! LOL!) So hard to think about supper when ya first wake up, ya know?
  • Last night I think I had 2 oz of Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar cheese for dinner...I was going to try some natural peanut butter on celery--but that natural PB tastes TERRIBLE, so I improvised. It wasn't much of a supper

Tonight I'm making a Chicken Caesar Salad and I'm SOOO looking forward to it. Those salads are my new favorite staple (besides cauliflower Mash, that is!).
  • Azure ~ do you add the cheeses to your mock mash potatoes? Thanks!
  • Quote: Azure ~ do you add the cheeses to your mock mash potatoes? Thanks!
    I only use the 3oz of cream cheese (I found the Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the foil has 1 less carb per ounce than the stuff in the tubs for some reason or other) and 1-2 tablespoons of full-fat sour cream. The cream cheese and sour cream combo give the mash a nice tang. Then there's salt and pepper to taste, of course.

Sheila's recipe suggests adding some shredded cheese into it, too--but I find it tastes good without it Though if you like how it tastes with the shredded cheese, I say go for it. Her whole recipe, the cream cheese, sour cream and added shredded cheese included is 16 carbs total--and I usually get 4-5 servings out of the recipe. So that's 3-4 carbs per serving WITH all the cheeses/sour cream.

Hope you enjoy!
  • Thanks! I think I'm going to make them tonight.
  • yummy dinner for my first day!

-30 small shrimp with spicy seasoning
    -mashed cauliflower (1 tbs light sour cream, 2 cups cauliflower, .5 tbs smart balance buttery spread)
    -1 cup of zucchini
    - 1/8th cup of avocado

13 Net Carbs
  • Here's dinner for tonight: Chicken Caesar Salad!
  • Rest of the Roast Beef au jus

zucchini

Leftover salad if any left from lunch

These menu threads have already given me lots of ideas - and also made me realize I'm getting sort of Beefy-Porky - if I ever make it to the store must remind myself to get more Chickeny-Fishy!
  • Pork steak and broccoli
  • 6 oz chicken breast baked in the oven with chili powder
    1/8th cup avocado
    2 cups cauliflower with .5 tbs of smart balance and paprika

5 net carbs
  • Polish Sausage

Buttered Sauerkraut