What do you do for you Cardio?!?!?!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I do the elliptical (both the "step" and "row") - but with any cardio, I HAVE to have my IPOD. If I don't have my IPOD trying to get through my workout is murder!!!

If I'm feeling "different", I'll get on the treadmill. I hate the treadmill though. Some days I'll walk around my neighborhood...and I love dancing, so there's nothing like a night out filled with dancing (have to watch the drinks, though)!!!!
  • I'm so glad this topic came up. I've been getting so immensely bored with my cardio routine that I haven't been feeling motivated to go to the gym. I used to love, love, love the elliptical. Now it's like counting the minutes. I think I really need new music for my ipod, but there hasn't been any songs lately that I just love. I think I will try the suggestion of 15 min. per machine, I think I could do that. Thanks!!
  • I don't have access to any of the cardio machines...so since January I have been walking and jogging. When I started, I couldn't jog to the end of my street. Now, I can jog for about 15 minutes...usually I jog about 1/2 way thru my walk. I try to get 3-4 outings a week at 60 minutes each.
    I also have the Turbo Jam DVD's...which I love.
  • Right now for my cardio 5 times a week I do the eliptical for 35 minutes and then i jog on a tredmill (5.0 mph for now) for 15 minutes and i am trying to slowly work that number up. it seems to be working pretty well for me
  • - run - 1 hour every 2nd day
    - bike - every day depending on the weather
    - roller blade - for variety
    I sometimes do one of the above, 2 or all three in the same day... I can get a bit obsessive about exercising ... I also weight train, only twice/week lately because it's the summer and I want to be outside, but in the winter it's 3-5times/week...
  • I do treadmill, bike and elliptical (x-trainer?) at the gym. Love the treadmill, hate the x-trainer, don't mind the bike. I definitely need the ipod and the little tellies to stave off boredom!

Outside of that I do three classes a week - body combat which I've just started, aerobics (low-impact) and Pilates. I love all three of those...
  • Quote:
    - roller blade - for variety
    Man, I LOVED roller blading as a kid (8-12ish). Unfortunately, there's no good place around here where I can blade in relative privacy (a fat chica on blades only looks pretty silly. A fat chica relearning to blade in her hilly town looks seriously ridiculous.) I might try to find a unused parking lot or something, because it was so much fun!
  • Walking here. I have been going to the park and doing 3 miles and will continue to do so until it gets so hot I can't bear it any longer, or cold. I also do the treadmill but prefer to walk outdoors. Trying to jog...I've always wanted to and am working on that. Also, have a stationary bike and once in a while I do dvd's just to mix things up...I get bored easily.
  • With my IPOD always handy, I walk on the grass track and ride my bike.
  • I run, but I took a Nia class the other day and it was so much fun and a great workour
  • If I'm home, I row. If I'm out, I ride a bike.
  • I have a cross-trainer and a treadmill at home. I record a interesting TV hour long TV show, and watch it while I'm using the elliptical. Zipping through the commercials, that makes for a 45 minute workout. Once a week I do a treadmill run, usually with the TV on, or I can actually read and run. music alone isn't enough to keep my mind off the minutes slowing ticking by.

Mel