Checking in to see how all the Fat Smashers did today..

• Hello to everyone.... I was just posting my menu for today. I had a better day today, than yesterday. My headache is slightly going away. I almost broke down today and had a diet coke, but I told myself NO NO NO!

Breakfast - 3 slices of melon (honey dew and cantelope)
    Lunch - 2 small bowls of broccoli soup
    Snack - 3 more slices of cantelope
    Dinner - 2 small bowls of Chili, salad with veggies
    Snack - Banana shake

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

~Dana
  • Oh, my goodness, girl! Are you on FS or Extreme??? You are gonna faint on so few calories! Take advantage of all that FS alloows, even in P1 detox, you need the milk, yogurt, oatmeal, and egg whites...rice......beans.....sweet potatoes......please tell me you are going to eat more.......!!!
  • I am doing FS... I don't eat those by themselves (beans, milk) but I did add them into my chili and milk into my shake. I did not have egg whites today because honestly, I don't eat eggs but i added them to my fried rice yesterday. I bought some oatmeal today to have. I am not a breakfast eater, I never have been so having to eat something in the morning is hard for me. I had a sweet potatoe yesterday but none today (just my 2nd day of smashing). I am trying really hard but I do see where I need to eat more. I never could understand why I have a weight problem because I really don't eat alot while being home during the day. I am still learning and reading and I will eat more tomorrow.

Thanks for shedding some light for me.

~Dana~
  • Good! Thanks for checking in and saying you aren't starving yourself.

I am lucky, cuz I love oatmeal.......I use a thick cut, not steel cut, which is a whole 'nother thing........but thick cut is so substantial...that with fresh fruit and stevia plus for sweetening.....I start the morning first with kefir..........an aquired taste...lol.....

for lunch, I make a big batch of Basmatic brown rice and stir fried veggies....peppers, onions, beans, hominy...and salsa.......go wild with Mexican flavors.....for snacks, fresh fruit in season.

For dinner, salad with Wishbone spritzer, and an egg white omelette/frittata........with veggies...corn, peppers, etc...another veggie.....sweet potato or asparagus.....had the last of my fresh garden grown peas .,..*sigh........this is alotta food and alotta fiber!

milk before bed........lotta food!
  • I am glad I saw your post.....also good to know we can have wish bone spritzer because I LOVE THEM!! Tell me, what is a frittata? I think it's usually made with potatoes.. but not sure.

Thanks! Dana
  • I did fine yesterday. Like you momto2grlz, i am having headaches but i am stopping myself from getting a diet coke! Yesterday's menu consisted of:

Breakfast > Oatmeal with one packet of splenda and a banana
    Snack > Pineapple and Watermelon Chunks
    Lunch > a thing of yogurt and broccoli with garlic sauce (yum!)
    Dinner > vegetable fried rice, a salad with ff ranch dressing, and a cup of 2% milk

and of course plenty of water through out the day...(does anyone else seem like they have to pee alot because of drinking so much water? lol) I also worked out to Harvey's "Fighting Fit, Fighting Fat" DVD and let me tell you it was intense! you do 8 mins of a warm up, then 15 mins of work out consisting of press-up, crunches, leg lunges (sp?), arm movements "jacks" (not your ordinary jumping jack) and all sorts of other aerobics. Let me tell you I am feeling the burn this morning...my legs, thighs, and shoulders all hurt. My fiance was downstairs egging me on, telling me I had to do these exercises...he was great help! I'll check in later to see how everyone else did and to update on how the day is going!

Day 3...only 6 to go!
  • I may have called it the wrong thing. I think a frittata is like an omelette, but you don't put the stuff in the middle. Sorry I was being too lazy to explain.

What I do with the egg whites is scramble them around in a dish. I saute in a tiny bit of olive oil all the vegies I want in it, and the hominy is delicious in it with peppers and onions and Mexican seasonings.. Then I pour in the egg whites and let them cook without stirring......just until they get solid......top with salsa. Really makes you think you are having a bigggggg meal.
  • Sounds yummy!!!!