Back Again!

• I am back online and need help losing 100+ pounds. Last August I was at 250, now back up to 290. I have read your posts and see that many of you have lost lots of weight. I want to learn the secrets and tips that you have used in your journey. Looking forward to visiting with you daily.
  • Happy to have you here!
  • Hi there and welcome back! I admire your willpower to try again and not just give up.

My secrets:
    1) Visit 3FC daily
    2) Count calories
    3) Drink lots of water
    4) Excercise and be more active

That's about it LOL.
  • Hi. I'm glad you're here.

This is a great place for motivation, support and encouragment. All from people who know exactly what you are going through. Stick around and you're sure to get lets of good tips and sound advice.

I look forward to hearing more from you, so please post often.
  • Hi and Welcome back!!!!
    I also returned back for the Third time in May. I don't know why this is working so much better than the last 2 times, but it is. I think my body scared me into wanting to be better, I couldn't walk( this from a former race walker), without getting tired, my feet were swollen and painful and I felt tired all the time. Now I have energy I can walk and even run a little.
    The things that are working for me are: get a scale if you don't have one and face reality, also get a mirror and look at your body( I used to look away everytime I passed a mirror.
    Become accountable for what you do and eat, I do this by coming here and going to fitday.com
    I move ,do some type of exercise, when I began this in May, I couldn't do but a few minutes on my elliptical trainer, now I do 30 minutes, plus free weight lifting, plus sit ups and I have started doing exercises with leg weights.
    Eating ..I try and stay between 1400-1700 in calories daily, if I have a bad day I don't give up, I just do better the next day. Realize that this is for life, you can not loose the weight than go back to eating whatever you want, if you want to be a better person , you need to eat better forever.l

Hope this helps, good luck with your weight loss. YOU CAN DO IT!!
    cheryl
  • Welcome back. This is my 3rd time back too. Im determined to do it this time!
  • Welcome back! Hope to see you around on the boards!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I plan to visit everyday if possible, I want to get to know each of you better and share more of myself. I am 60 yrs old and just recently retired from my job. I love staying home, but get a little lonesome. I hope that does not affect my eating patterns. Yesterday was good, today is good so far. I mowed the lawn this morning for my exercise. I use Fitday to track my food and exercise. More later....