New member introducing myself

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello everyone,

I did an intro post on the main board but thought I'd introduce myself here as well. I'm 27, single, and a graduate student who needs to lose at least 100lbs.

I've been reading all of your posts since yesterday and I'm so inspired. Not only by the weight loss itself, but by the way you support each other. It's just amazing. I'm really hoping to make some weight loss buddies here. At the grocery store last night I almost bought cookies but then thought- but if I do that, then my ticker won't get to move! And I just bought veggies (and some bing cherries). So I guess that works for me.

Have a great day everyone. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

~Onyx

• Congrats on beginning your weightloss journey. Good job on picking cherries over cookies! The grocery store is the devil's playground. You have to tread carefully! It looks like your good choices are already paying off as you have already lost 3 lbs!! Good luck and post often!
  • You've already made such a great start choosing fruit and veggies over cookies. Way to go!
  • Hello and welcome. I've been on a bing cherry kick for two weeks! They are so good right now.

The people here are wonderful - you'll have a laugh-a-day and get a lot of support, too.
  • Hey enchantedonyx!
    I'm new on here too and need to roughly lose the same amount of weight!!!!
    I'm 26 from Australia. It will be good to keep in touch over this forum
    Best of luck!!!!!
  • Just wanted to say welcome! Awesome job for making that first step! Hope to see you around!
  • This really is a wonderful place -- you'll be so glad you joined us! Happy to have you!
  • We are so glad to have you!!! Please feel free to jump right in! This is such a great place for support!!

• Just wanted to say Hi! I noticed that we have a few things in common. Although I have a few more pounds to lose than you, I'm also 26, single, and a graduate student. Maybe we could chat sometime. Anyway, good luck and welcome!
  • Hi Onyx. Welcome!!!
  • Welcome!!!! I'm glad you're here!
  • Hello, I'm new here too. My name is Cristy. I'm 31 years old and currently weigh 259 lbs. I'd honestly just love to get down to 200 again but my ultimate goal at this point is around 185. I'm finally wrapping my head around the idea of losing weight again--you know how you really can't start until you get the right mindset??? Well I think I'm finally there! I've been eating right today and I plan on going into work early tomorrow so I can take an early morning walk. I'm also going to prepare my lunch for tomorrow so I'm not tempted to eat from the evil vending machine. Gosh I hope I can do this!!!!!!!
  • You can, Cristy! (Vealcalf2000- hee hee!) It sounds like you are in a really good place to get started!

• Hi!!!! This really IS a great place for support, advice and encouragment. I'm sooo glad you've found us. Yes, it's about trade off, no to cookies, but a big fat YES to a healthier, happier YOU and a real big gigantic YES to veggies. And those yummy bing cherries that are so abundant right now.

I look forward to getting to know you better and following your success. Good luck!