Spices and Seasonings

• Hey All,

I just started Fat Smash on Friday, June 6th. It's been going well thus far, my only concern is the unclearity with spices and seasonings.

I've only been putting blackpepper and garlic powder in everything I've prepared and It has been a chore to eat it... No salt/adobo/and any of the other seasonings I have.. so please help. Ifeel like puking everytime i eat LOL

Can i use Mrs. Dash? or Adobo (i thought it was high in sodium)... salt? is that allowed?

How about jerk sauce? I've from the caribbean and Jerk sauce is needed to season tofu!!
    Help!
  • I've been doing EFS, not FS, so I'm not sure what your rules are. However, I've been using whatever spices I want and it's been fine. I don't know why it wouldn't be. The only rule I could find was one that limited salt to no more than 1 tsp per day. If the food is making you gag, you won't stick with it, so do what you need to make the food taste good to you and spices have NO calories. Jerk sauce might be a problem as there could be hidden sugars in it - check the label and maybe make your own that doesn't have sugar in it. For me, condiments are limited to 1 tsp and salsa to 1/4 cup, but that's been enough to help out the flavor for me.

Good luck!
  • what kind of salsa do u use?
  • I've been getting the La Victoria brand, thick n' chunky salsa verde. I like the green tomatiillo salsa just because tomatoes often make my stomach hurt, but the red version is good too. If you live near Trader Joe's, they make several good salsas as well. I really like the salsa poured over meat & veggie burgers or mixed in with the rice, that helps so much with the flavor and the moistness.
  • thanks!! i love this forum
  • I normally make my own salsa and it is really a breeze to make, for some added flavor I add mangoes and that normally does the trick. It is fresh and you really do not have to worry about all the added preservatives. I eat it with everything to add a little flavor.
  • Can you share your salsa recipe?