New here. Hello everyone!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm new so I thought I'd introduce myself and tell everyone my story. I'm 21, weigh 245 lbs and need to get rid of it. I'm kinda short and to be considered healthy I shouldn't be over 140 lbs. I was a normal weight until my freshman year of high school when my mom decided to pack everything up and move to another state. This caused serious depression and I had no friends so i turned to food and the tv. I moved back to my hometown, but the weight I had gained was a serious source of stress and I somehow ballooned from 136 lbs at age 14 to 282 by age 17. I stayed there until I went through counseling two years ago. Since counseling I've dropped from 282 to 245 with no effort. Just because I'm a happier person now, but recently the pounds have stopped melting off, I've hit a plateau and I think I'll need some support to get back to my healthy weight. I've read some of the posts here and you guys seem so great!
  • Hey Jen. Welcome to 3FC and the 100lb club. This truly is a great place. Full of warm, friendly, knowledgable and supportive people.

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it. But you certainly have made great strides losing 37 lbs. Congratulations!!! We're here to support you in any way that we can as you progress to the next stage of your journey. Good luck to you. I really look forward to hearing more from you and watching your continued success.
  • Just wanted to say hello! I am pretty new myself. Congrats on the weight loss so far. Good luck, and welcome!
  • And congratulations on the great job you've done so far. You'll find lots of people here with incredible successes and great advice.
  • Hi Jen ,
    Welcome to 3fc!!! and congrats on the weight loss. I understand about your depression and moving, it can affect a person more than they know. You are on the right track!! Good luck on your weight loss.
    cheryl
  • Welcome! I think you're really going to like it here. It's great. Keep posting so we can get to know you!
  • Welcome to the forum!!

• So glad to meet you! Hope to hear more from you around here very soon!
  • Jen...great to have you here!

Linda
  • So glad you found us!!
  • Welcome to the room. You sound really smart for 21 years old! Dealing with the depression and then the weight is a really good start! Hope you like it here!
  • Welcome, Jen.

Congratulations on beating the depression. With my GP's permission, I'm just weaning myself ofg anti depressants now after 18 months of depression and I know exactly how hard it is to beat.

You've made a fantastic start with your weight loss - 37 pounds is nothing to be ashamed of!

Looking forward to learning more about you
    Nicole
  • Some pics!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116846
    Here are some then and now pics. Wow. I didn't even realize what I had lost until these forums gave me the courage to dig through old photo albums. Everyone here is so great! thanks!
  • Well done! Wow, I wish I showed as much change as you after that much weight lost. Sigh. Being tall, I have to lose a lot for any change to register. Congrats!
  • Welcome, Jen! You've come to the right place. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing your pictures! Depression is certainly no fun, but it's wonderful that you've gone through counseling, especially at such a young age. It sounds like you've come away from it with some invaluable life-changing tools that will continue to help you on your journey. You can do this!