New(ish) and ready to lose weight (I hope)

• Hi all,

I have been reading the boards for a while here, but I thought I would come out of the wood work. Tomorrow is July 1st, the beginning of the second half of the year. So...I am ready to commit to being healthier...I hope. Truly, I want to be ready.

So far my health hasn't been horrible, but my father (heavy his whole life) has diabetes, high blood pressure, and even some heart issues. My mom, who isn't really heavy has high trigs, cholesterol, and arthritis. Now is the time for me to commit to not having those issues. Again, I hope.

There are so many threads on here, I am not sure how frequently I will post because it seems hard for me to keep up.

Here is what I am shooting for as a goal for the month of July.

Exercise: 600 minutes (not a lot I realize, but it's a start)
    July weight to lose: 10 pounds

Time will tell.
  • Welcome and glad you decided to post. It gets easy to keep up a couple days after you start coming daily..lol. ( I am not a 3fc addict really i'm not)

600 minutes is a great goal. That is mine for July and was for June. Unfortunately I did not make it for June but I will make it for July. Once you start moving, it is easier to keep moving, That I have learned. 10lbs first month.. You can do it!

hugs!
  • Welcome!!!!!

I think you are doing great to set an exercise goal and start taking charge of your life!

We'd love to have you join us on the exercise thread and add your minutes to ours in our quest to exercise 200,000 minutes as a group!

Don't be too worried if you don't make your weight goal. The scale has a funny way of not doing what we want it to, even if we do everything right.

Again, welcome!
  • Hello and welcome! Hope you will join us in the weekly numbered threads as that is where most of our chat takes place.

Great exercise goal! And I will echo Heather's welcome to join us over in the exercise thread AND also her comments about the scale not always doing what we want it to. But eventually it WILL if we keep at it!!
  • Hi there and welcome...I also wanted to chime in and agree with the scale thing. I still am having issues with losing weight and I had surgery to help do it.

I certainly think that your exercise and loss goals are achieveable for July and I wish ya good luck on your journey to a better you.
  • Welcome! Small changes are perfect! Hang out with us as we all move down this road.