The Ideal Body

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: Have you seen a body to which you aspire? Where did you see it?
In a gym?
21.05%
On the street?
23.68%
On TV?
28.95%
The movies?
7.89%
A magazine?
18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have you seen a body to which you aspire? Where did you see it?
  • I really like naturally feminine, strong and curvy bodies like Kate Winslett and Sara Ramirez (Callie, George's wife on Grey's Anatomy).
  • I recently saw a girl with a really great body on a magazine cover, I have no idea who she is, and don't remember what magazine cover she was on (some fitness magazine). But she was small/feminine, but yet she was toned and had nice muscles, and didn't look unnaturally thin, but just right.
  • I am realistic - I would love to have a body like Nigella Lawson some day. I want to be wonderfully voluptuous and "plummy"
  • For me? Healthy and comfortable. Generic, but it's all I want.

However, the figures that charm me the most (more in art than in RL) are petite, not particularly curvy ones. I guess I call it a "boyish figure." Aesthetically I can find women of any shape beautiful and fascinating, but I'm ever-more drawn to little, small-busted, narrow-hipped, and almost fragile ladies - but not the "10-mile legs without a scrap of fat or muscle" models out there! They just seem unhealthy, to me.

Maybe I am so fascinated with boyish figure because I know I won't ever fit in it.
  • What I think is the most beautiful is the natural hourglass shape, very feminine. Like I think Katherine Heigl is simply gorgeous. As far as what I'm aspiring too: Allie DelRio from the firm videos. Not really sure what category, I guess movie!
  • I aspire to the bodies I can never have...I am downright athletic/boyish (who knew with all the fat) with no boobs and barely any hips. So of course, I like curvy, feminine bodies with hips and chests and curvy lines everywhere.
  • curvy, hour glass shapes, and also athletic shapes, i think, are the most beautiful. i would love to have a slender, athletic body, but with curves in all the right places, and a cute booty too! some actressses' bodies i apsire to be like are..Evangeline Lily from LOST (like in my avatar), Rachel McAdams, and Charlize Theron (although, i think she's looking a teeny bit too skinny now). if i keep working at it, i'll hopefully get there!
  • I'm set on getting Jackie Warner's (the girl from Work Out on Bravo) body, because I feel like it could be obtainable for me. I'm naturally muscular, and don't have the typical hour glass shape. Some women have big breasts, an itty bitty waist, and a great big butt in yo face you get spru...err... I mean, yeah! I have big breasts, a little bit of butt, but never had too much of a waist, even while skinny. I also have broad shoulders. Jackie and I are built similarly... she just has a whole lot less fat.

I admire curvy, hour glass, totally feminine bodies, but I've come to the conclusion that I'll never have one, so athletic with hints of softness works just fine for me.
  • I would aspire to have a curvy, voluptuous body like JLo. I guess that is because I have such a flat butt.
  • Quote: I would aspire to have a curvy, voluptuous body like JLo. I guess that is because I have such a flat butt.
    Why aspire to have something you'll never get?

I only ask because I personally don't understand. I'd rather aspire to get something that I know I can achieve, than to wish I had a body like someone else who I know I'll never look like... to each their own , I guess.
  • I would love to have a body like Allie Del Rio, she is a Firm instructor and she has a nice body. For me though, I work with what I got
  • My favorite figure on any woman, hands down, is Carol Smiley from the old Changing Rooms series on the BBC. She has the perfect figure. Curvy, yet skinny, always has a tan and even looks great in a white tank top leotard while nine months pregnant. And she always has great hair, too.
  • Quote: Why aspire to have something you'll never get?

I only ask because I personally don't understand. I'd rather aspire to get something that I know I can achieve, than to wish I had a body like someone else who I know I'll never look like... to each their own , I guess.
    Good point. If I had to pick someone who's figure is attainable to me, first thing that comes to mind is Chelsea Handler from Comedy Central. I think if I lost 20 pounds and did lots of sit-ups, I might be able to attain a figure like hers and she has a shape that is worth working towards, too!!
  • I chose the word aspire on purpose. Thought it meant more of an attainable wish ... something to work toward.