Daily Chat Wednesday June 27

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Just wondering.... will the 30 somethings have their own labor day challenge or do I get involved with the one on the main forum?
  • Hi Melissa, welcome to 3FC and 30somethings!

I am taking part in the Labour Day Challenge in the Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge thread. You can come and join us there.

I haven't seen a challenge in this thread for labour day, but I think there are mini challenges that go on...like by the month?

What kind of plan are you on? How are you doing? Tell us about yourself.

Cheers, Tamara
  • We need a Labor day challenge - I can't keep up with all the other pages.

It's 2 months from next week - I'd love love love to be 20 lbs lighter then.

What does everyone think?
  • Melissa, I believe I saw a challange on the 30 something page. Only it is 4th of July. We tend to break it down in more manageable sections.

Okay, I am back! Roo I hear you on traffic. My hotel was not the one at the convention center and if I took the trains ~ it took an hour and half to get to the conference. Cabs to and from cost $40 each way

Next year I am booking early so that I can be in the same hotel. It will be in Atlanta (GG maybe we could meet) Anyways, eating was horrible with a capital H. We never ate at the same time and it was whatever we could find relatively inexpensively. (Ha)

to everyone!

Lisa
  • hello everyone!
    Wow I really miss you guys!
    I knew recovery was going to be slow, and I was warned how painful this was going to be, it is. I am in lala land must of the time , I hate meds, they make me feel out of space, but thank goodness for them. I have to take them, yesterday I made a mistake of letting the meds run out and took a dose about 90 minutes later by mistake and oh boy I was in pain. I am taking it very slowly, and I miss the gym like you would not believe, I was going every day up to a few days before the surgery, I can't wait to be able to get there again.
    I did loose 4 Lbs! I guess in tumors, LOL...
    I have a question for all the nurses and people who work in hospital/doctor's offices: I had very good nurses at the hospital, 2 of them were exceptionally good, I want either send them something or wait until I can go myself and bring them something, for appreciation, what do you suggest? anything in particular you would like to get as an appreciation from a patient? I don't want to send the flowers, flowers are nice but they don't last more than a week. Please advise~

Lauren how are you doing? how is DH, DMIL? the rest of the family? what happed with the house?

RR sorry to hear about the short staff, that must make it for a long day, hand in there, that is so great you are going on vacation!!! enjoy!!!

Christina I am so happy for you to be able to take the day off, I am so jealous about the gym! I wish I could go! enjoy it! pamper yourself!

Melinda I love your posts, you crack me up, eating a Big Mac just because you felt like it, good for you!

Melisa, Heather glad you joined us! and Lisa D. too!

Michelle just like Lauren said don't distant yourself from the group, if anything enjoy reading the posts, specially Sheila's and Melinda's if nothing else they will put a smile on your face!

Hi Sheila, wow I can't believe how quickly a month goes by! I love your post, it made me laugh, and blush

Rooster I love the big city life, I had a very difficult time adjusting to the quiet town life in San Diego, well I moved from one of the largest most polluted cities in the world, Mexico City, talk about cultural shock! it took me a long time to adjust, I am adjusted no doubt but I sill miss the big city life! I don't miss the traffic though, I guess I we have plenty of that here too, so no I don't miss it, I am in it a lot! LOL.

Lisa did you say $7 for 15 minutes of Internet use? wow that sounds like a lot! I hope you get home soon!

GG good luck with you horse, I hope everything goes well. Your weekend plans are so romantic! are you spending the night there? a romantic suite?

Everyone I missed a warm hello!!!!
  • Lisa we were posting a the same time.
    I missed where you went, I bet you are happy to be home!
    Hanna
  • Hanna, yes I did. I was on there for 30 minutes. $15 after tax. Glad to be home.
  • Chicago
  • RR: sorry my head is obviously well ready for vacation

Ok melinda what is a phreak??????????????Is that considered bad
  • Hannah glad your back don't push yourself I had two hystorectomies
  • sheila, phreak is the getto way of saying freak.

Lisa
  • Thanks Lisa

Well melinda it takes one to know one baby! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Honestly melinda if this site played music I would play that song do you remember it.

"Super Freak" Oh ya!
  • Now Sheila, play nice! Don't make me turn on my "hairy eyeballs" that I used to use when I taught daycare.

Lisa

PS Dont ask, it's just a dirty look with an aire of disapproval.
  • I don't have the mental capacity to reply to all right now, but:

Quote:
    I had two hystorectomies
    Sheila?! Did everything grow back and had to be taken out again?????