What do you do for a salt craving?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Pepperocini right out of the bottle...or maybe a green olive or two.

If I start on crackers or nuts, I have a hard time stopping.
  • Crispy Minis are put out by Quaker. They are mini rice cakes, BUT if you are turned off by rice cakes (I am) these are way better! They are thinner, and they also have tortilla-ey ones too that are reminiscent of doritos. And the multigrain ones are yummy.

one serving = 60 calories.
    I usually have 2 servings-= 120 calories and its 16 mini's..so you get some volume. It almost fills a cereal bowl
  • I also prefer salty snacks to sweet stuff any day. My favorite thing to eat for a salty snack are the Quaker Soy Crisps white cheddar flavor. They're similar to mini rice cakes but they're made from soy instead of rice (so there's protein in there!) they kind of remind me of Smartfood popcorn but they're way better!
  • Sheila, I am totally buying some sweet potatoes when I go to the store next. Gotta try those.

ThingGirl...I try not to add salt because canned tomatoes/beans etc. have a lot of salt in them, but sometimes I just have to add it. If I make homemade spaghetti sauce, I've got to add it....like you say, it just doesn't taste right.

Natalia, I will have to try those. They sound good. Especially the Dorito-like ones! And I'll have to try the soy crisps, too. Thanks everyone.
  • Quote: Pepperocini right out of the bottle...or maybe a green olive or two.

If I start on crackers or nuts, I have a hard time stopping.

Me toooo!!! I ate a whole jar of honey roasted peanuts in THREE days (12 servings)!!! That's WITH my "self control." I'm so astonished everytime I recall my peanut binge. Sigh to me.