Today is my 90 days! :)

• 90 days....three months. And it's been such a good 3 months, too. So many things have happened--conversations that I've been avoiding have happened, decisions have been reached, my self has come out from under cover (somewhat) and taken on shape and style...it's been such a 90 days. They say that weight loss is just a little bonus of doing the spiritual/emotional work, and I totally, completely agree. For the record, I've lost 16 pounds over the last 90 days, and I'm 34 off my highest weight ever. But the other changes, standing up for myself, getting what I want, deciding what I want, feeling worthy of getting what I want...those changes are more important. Those are the changes that are going to really affect my life. That have already affected my life.

My sponsor is coming to the meeting to give me a 90-day token tomorrow. That will be nice. The next one after that is 6 months, so another 90 days. Kinda scary to think of it all in one big chunk, but I only have to do it a day at a time. Forgive me if I sound program-ish, but "one day at a time" is a comforting thought, especially for those of us who are impatient perfectionists.

For my next 90 days, I'm going to keep working my steps, keep planning my meals, and keep using my tools. I also have some life goals I want to achieve: find a job, continue dancing lessons, refine my style as "funky polished career woman", continue running and biking. So exciting!
  • Yahoo!

90 days! You rock! That is so awesome. I'm proud of you.
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I Loved reading your post!
  • Thank you, Marny and Mabela! I feel really good. To celebrate I went out to bike the Silver Strand on Coronado Island, CA. I did 15 miles, and it was GORGEOUS! One of the things I have decided is that I want to be that person. I want to be the person who goes for 20 or 30 mile rides on the weekends, who goes on biking trips around the world, who takes advantage of the beautiful world around her. Look what I did!

I never would have done this before entering OA. I never would have believed I could, or I had the right, or I had it in me. Seriously. I've lived in San Diego for TWENTY THREE YEARS and this is only the second time I've done this. And the first time was last Sunday! But the program has helped me see who I want to be, and helped me see that I CAN be that person.
  • sidhe - I just wanted to say thanks for posting. What you are doing is SO inspiring and I loved hearing about it. Congratulations!!!
  • Yahoo! What a ride.

You are a "new" you. There are no limits on what you can choose to do with your life! Sometimes when I'm reverting to old habits my sponsor will say to me, "Oh, should we throw a welcome back party for the old Marny?" It's exactly what I need to hear to remember that I'm not that old version of myself. I'm new, different, and can make any choice that I care to.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your future rides!
  • Marny--I'm definitely seeing that! I'm so convinced of my own....I don't know...sparkle?...that it blows my mind. I'm not conceited, I mean, I'm not snotty about it, but the world is so amazing, and I'm so capable, and I can DO things! I can actually become what I've always dreamt of, what I've always wanted to be. And I have so much energy and so much focus and much drive, it's amazing. I can't wait for next year, two years from now, three years, a decade...I'm actually looking forward to my life!
  • Congrats! As someone who is 8 days binge free, reading about 90 days is inspirational!

Good job!