The whole Break-up and Start over cliche

• Hi,
    I'm Nova......My bf and I of 3yrs broke up about a month ago and I gained 20lbs, putting me at 220lbs. So I decided that if nothing else I had to lose that 20lbs and here I am three weeks later and 15lbs lighter. I've always been overweight and I finally have the confidence to do something about it. Sick of my friends saying "You're not fat, just big boned" and ready to change. I suffer with depression so I decided to find as much support as possible and being that I will be traveling quite a bit this summer I figured this way I would have support when I needed it, where I needed it, since long distance calls get expensive and time differences can cause problems. I just turned 19 and I hope to start my adult stretch of life with a body I can love rather than cover and despise. Thanks and Good luck to the rest of you as well. I know we can all do it.
    -Nova
  • Hi Nova!

Love your avatar - looks like my fiance's cat.

I too have friends that say that I am not fat (when I am not only fat but obese) thinking that they are being kind. It would be easier if they were honest and offered support instead of telling me what they think I want to hear.

Sounds like you are on right track mentally - Good luck!
  • I recently started dieting because of a series of near break-up scares with my boyfriend of 3 years. He was right when he said I never have the convinction to stick to anything - and it came to light that the best thing I could do for myself was to lose all of my excess weight and be proud of my body. That way, he's in the wrong for one - and the break-up scares won't scare me quite as badly when I look exponentially hotter.

Good luck achieving your goals.
  • Good Morning Nova!!!

I just recently went through a break-up with my now ex of 1.5 yrs. I'd started losing weight prior to the break-up but that was just fuel to my fire. Even though it has been REALLY rough emotionally I have used it as my motivation to really stay on my weight loss plan.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR US TO SHOW OUR EX'S WHAT THEY HAVE LOST!!! LET'S GET IT GIRL!!! GOOD LUCK!!!