Palm and other schedule trackers. Advice needed.

• My second Handspring (Palm Pilot type) just died again. I'm tired of putting batteries in every couple of weeks. Besides, this thing is about 8 years old.

If you use one, what type? Do you like it? Would you buy it again?

I don't want to upgrade my phone to include this. I just want something small that will let me keep track of appointments, schedules, hours, etc.

TIA
  • I love love LOVE my Sony Clie - I wouldn't have anything else They've held their prices well, but you should be able to find one without too much damage to the bank account.

To be honest, before this, I had a Palm M series - and I'd definitely recommend it. You can almost always find one with full colour and rechargeable base on eBay for well under $100.

Hope that helps!
    Heather
  • I also loved my Sony Clie. However, Sony had discontinued production about 2 years ago which I found out when I went to buy a new one. But they are still available on e-bay, Amazon, etc. Personally, I do have a Palm Treo 650phone. I like not having to carry 2 things around, but I do miss some of the features of the items separately.

Kerri
  • Wow! I had no idea Sony had discontinued them - oh dear. What rotten news. Ignore my advice then

Good luck!
  • I'm seriously thinking of converting to a Treo myself. It would make a lot of things easier IMO.
  • I have a Palm Zire and I'm pretty happy with it. But I don't need anything fancy, just something that will store my calendar, contacts, and memos and that syncs up with Outlook. I got it from Amazon.com a couple of years ago--they had some sort of rebate on it so I only paid $75 (my only requirements for a PDA was that it be cheap and easy to use--the Palm was the cheapest thing available at the time). Looks like the price has gone up a bit.
  • Thanks everyone.

I think I still have some thinking to do. I no longer need it to sync to Outlook so that isn't a problem. Who knows what it will need in the future. I'm after something for my hours, calender and notes. I think I'll hang out in that aisle at Fry's Electronics this weekend.

Thanks again.
  • I left my job needing lots of features, so I just bought a cool new smartphone with Windows Mobile 5 - I can sync with outlook (for calendar/contacts, get email if required, and use as a phone. It's the same as a cingular 3125, very cool!