+++Weekly Chat - June 4 - 10+++

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Oh gosh Fae, if you find a better solution for boredom and stress that's NOT eating, let me know!!
  • This week has been great so far.

Broke my promise not to step on the scale like a million times.

But this morning I found out I finally lost my first 10 lbs!

Go me
  • Congrats glitter!

I feel like such a schlub- a very tired schlub! I haven't worked out since Saturday (that's a long time for me at this juncture because I've been very good this summer so far) and I spent a week between my BF being in town and going to Chicago for a family reunion eating large restauraunt meals. I was able to eat my first meal at home this morning, though! I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but this was one of those vacations where every meal kinda flows right into the next and I never really had the chance to get hungry before it was time to eat again (it's really a wonder I come from skinny people) so my internal hunger clock is pretty much shot, but I'm getting back on track. Another couple of days of catching up on some sleep and I will be working out again, too.
  • oh man, last night was awful. i was on facebook, and i looked through college pictures of myself from last semester, and my sophomore year. i looked so good, healthy, and fit. i was going through each picture, and felt worse and worse about myself. i think i cried for about 15 minutes straight, thinking that i was fat and ugly. luckily my mom was there to comfort me, and we talked for awhile..and i felt whole lot better. i definitely need to stop looking at old pictures of myself because i know that will not motivate me.

sorry to rain on everyone's parade, i just needed to get that out!
  • Hey Everyone,

I'm a newbie...Just thought I'd check out the 20 somethings.
    Kate: I was on Facebook and was checking out all my old highschool friends. They all look so good and I got the same feelings. I wanna have them look at my pics and be like "Wow she looks good"
    I guess the best thing to do is find the motivations that suit you, and avoid the toxic things like the plague.

K
  • kate- I just did the same thing a few nights ago. I looked over the pictures and actually ripped a few out of me at my thinnest out of my scrapbook. Then I realized I wasn't helping myself. I told myself I'm doing all that I can do now and I know if I work at it, I will get back there some day, and maybe even better. So I ended up sliding the pictures into my notebook that I record my weekly weigh-ins in. Maybe I'll pull them out from time to time as I'm getting closer and closer to what I looked like in those pictures.
  • thanks Karlie and glitterlicious that makes me feel a whole lot better. glitterlicious - i think your idea sounds really good, i might try that myself. i weighed in today and loss a little, so that kinda boosted me up today. i'm just going to keep working at this, and everything will be ok.
  • lost another pound today!
  • Grad party season is here.

Dieting and those things simply do not mix. Thankfully this will probably be my last year of them. Actually scratch that, it's my last year of going to high school grad parties.

At the very least I'll have my boyfriend's next year and then my own the year after that. Those things are my downfall!

Actually all of today has been my downfall, the gym I go to is just in a rec center which closes Saturday and Sundays during the summer. And then last night I made brownies which I know I cannot resist. I've had about 1800 calories today and it's only 6.

Normally that's not a big deal because I'm at the gym 2 hours a day but not today (or Friday even ).

I think I may go ruin the last of those brownies...