Small achievement....

• ...but a big thing in my little world. I've gone a month (35 days to be exact) without any soda!! Not a sip. I know this is silly to post, especially in comparrison to all the great weight-loss mini goals but this is really a major thing for me as I was addicted to Coke and Dr Pepper. I didn't go a day without soda, many cans of it, for years and thought I cld never break the habit - but it looks like I'm doing it! I really can't believe it. I now have some days where I don't even think about the stuff. That's amazing to me. I'm really looking forward to when I don't feel any temptation whatsoever.

Thanks for hearing me =)
  • that is great!
  • Thats fantastic!! Its all about small steps, but i think that is a huge Huge acheivement!! I love my diet coke, and do have a few cans each week, not every day, but allow myself 2-3 cans on the weekend. I dont think I could go that long without any soda!! WTG!!
  • I don't think this is a small accomplishment at all, because you've made a fundamental habit change. This is an excellent achievement for your overall health too--not just weight, but it affects how much sodium and (maybe) caffeine you're getting. Plus it's a great one for your dental health too!
  • Aww thank you SO much!!! Ya know, you're right I shld be proud of myself because not only was it very difficult to do but it's a huge step for me health-wise.

I WILL be a non-soda drinker! Maybe I already am?! Yes yes.

Thanks again!!
  • Congratulations on your achievement of not drinking soda. I wish I could do the same I have managed to cut down but I have not cut it down it out completely. I am on about 1/2 to 1 can a day. I like the caffeine free and sugar free variety of coke.

Well done keep up the good work.
  • WooOT! Congrats sweetie! I'm trying to cut back on soda too. I'm doing pretty good, only allowing me some during TOM in place of sweets.
  • thanks SO much!! you all make me smile!!

yeah i cld have gone the diet-soda route but i figured i'd just get as easily addicted to that.... i wanted to rid myself of it entirely. good job cutting back everyone! its no good.
  • WTG! That is a huge acheivement! You have every right to be proud of yourself!