Bonjour I'm new!

• Hello,
    I'm so glad to have found this site, looks like just what I need to keep me on track! My 2006 resolution was to get my weight back to normal, well that didn't work so I restarted in 2007, but early in the year had some hard things to deal with in my life that got me reaching for the chocolate and cakes...

Anyway having to have my wedding ring cut off my finger last week was a bit of a wake-up call that I'm REALLY getting too chunky...

How many of us live in France? I have spotted a couple already. Less temptation to grab the Cadbury's, but all those cheeses do some damage, and quite often the calorie content of food is not marked on packaging.

I have at least 10 kg to lose, well 15 kg would be better, about 35 lbs.

So far I'm not following any established diet, just trying to keep a journal of what I eat, control my fat intake, portion size, no snacking, and especially increase my exercise. My main opportunity to get moving is walking up the stairs instead of taking the escalator on my daily commute, and trying to take the stairs up 5 floors instead of the lift (if I have time!) The mp3 player I had for my birthday is a great help with that.

My husband has recently lost 15 kgs too, he started off with a long bout of tonsilitis which meant he lost all interest in food, and he has changed his eating habits since, so as not to gain all the weight back. So we are trying to be a healthy family!

Look forward to meeting you
    RR
  • Hey there!
    I only joined this site yesterday and it has been a god-send, so inspiring an helpful to just read through many threads.
    Good luck on becoming more healthy!
  • hi, I am new here too and it seems to be a really great place. I have definately felt more motivated since registering here!!!
  • Namaste! I'm new here as well, I joined a few days ago. Born in the US, though I have lived in India for the past 11 years. It's quite the global community here! I haven't officially started a diet yet, though leaning towards South Beach Diet, as I had great sucess in the past. Maybe I can stick with it this time, with the help of new global friends!
  • Welcome to 3fc and good luck in your weight loss journey. For me the support and help that i have found here has kept me on track and been steadly losing something I have never really done before. This time it has kept me highly motivated and I have found lots of recipes to try which keeps it from being boring. I am sure that you will find the support here as there is a so many sections and you will fit into one or more of those.
  • Hello there and welcome! I live in France as well (but who knows, I may be among the couple of people you've already spotted).

And cheese, hmmm, sooo riiight. Although I seriously have less problems cutting off the Cadbury's than my camembert now and then, hehe.