Hey everyone, newbie here :-)

• Hey everyone!
    I joined today for some help and support and to offer support to you guys. I read through many threads and thought that you all seem awesome! A lot of threads really touched me too.
    Anyhow, I'm 19, I live in the UK and I am a Uni student.
    I've never been skinny for long, I did Atkins and got to a UK size 8 from a 14, but I fell ill because I was too skinny and unhealthy. I shot up in weight and now I'm a UK size 14 on top and 16 on the bottom.
    I'd like to be a size 10 by this time next year, so I am eating healthily and exercising more.
    Anyways, I hope to speak to you all soon!
  • What, nobody has posted in here yet?

Welcome to 3FC! I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. I'm not in the UK (though I may be next year), but I too am a student (again ) so I know (again) what we have to face with campus/cafeteria foods and the likes. Good luck on your healthier lifestyle!
  • welcome! It's always nice to see new faces in here I visit so many different boards on this site but I really love the 20-something board because we all can relate so well to others near our own age. Don't get me wrong, a 45 year old woman will deffinitely have some good advice to give but sometimes I just need the perspective from someone in the same place in life as me!

A question for you - are UK sizes the same as US sizes?

And congrats on your 6 lb. loss already!!
  • I believe (although I am not entirely sure!!) that a UK size 14 is a US 12, and a UK 16 is a US 14. Something like that...
    Not that much of a difference really!

• Hope you find the motivation you need here. This place keeps me sane
  • If you every need anything, we are here for you.
    Welcome to the boards!

=mod at 20-somethings.
  • Quote: I believe (although I am not entirely sure!!) that a UK size 14 is a US 12, and a UK 16 is a US 14.

A UK 14 is a US 10 and a UK 16 is a US 12. Two sizes smaller. So, enough of a difference!

Welcome!!!
  • Welcome to 3fc!!

I am sure that you can do it..because you have a very reasonable goal. Good luck on your weightloss journey!!
  • Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone!