Hi :) New member looking for help and motivation.

• Hi everyone

I am new to this website and am here looking for some advice and support with my weight loss. I have always been on the heavier side all throughout my life and have been trying to lose weight for a long time!

In highschool, I weighed about 155 pounds, but once I was in college, I was up to 190 pounds (possibly even more). I really did not notice my weight gain until my junior year in college but when I stepped on the scale, I was extremely upset at myself for letting myself go so easily. Following my junior year, I starting exercising on a daily basis and got down to 155 pounds. During my senior year, I starting gaining some weight back and now am 168 pounds. I am unsure how I gained those 13 pounds back but it may have been because of the birth control I was taking. But now I have been off of it for about 2 months, and have not lost any weight. I am beginning to lose hope that I can get down to my goal weight of 130 pounds so I am hoping this website will boost my motivation.

I am looking to change my diet into a healthier one and start a new workout plan. Any advice?
  • Hey Christina!

Nice to meet you.

I'm sorta-new too. I joined months ago, but haven't been on the forum in a month... and I haven't really been on the 20-somethings before.

Anyway, I'm in university too, and I'm just trying to get healthy.

I totally find my weight gain mysterious too. I know I must have been overeating, lots of sugar and junk, but I don't remember what I was doing or exactly when I gained it all.

Welcome to you anyway, and enjoy the forums, they are excellent for advice and such. Many different points of view, and lots of successful losers to help you along .
  • Hey Christina,
    I'm new too, a couple years older than you but we have very similar stats (oh 130, how distant it feels!). I wonder if you've ever tried keeping a food journal? it might help to write down everything you eat, so that you can figure out where your weight gain happened.
    Good luck and keep in touch!
    Sonja
  • Welcome!

As for advice alls I can say is read, read, read! This site has some fabulous information (but read with a discerning eye!).