Products We like Post Op

• Since there is the Pre-op Shopping list I figured it might be good to have a list for things that work well for losing/maintenance
    One thing I have found which makes eating on the run a bit easier is LA Tortilla Factory Smart and delicious Low Carb Tortillas
    80 calories I forget the fat and 12 grams of fiber
    I like them for Sandwiches or if you want to make your own Thin Crust Pizza

Another thing I like Hormel Turkey Pepperoni! Tastes like the Ungreasy version of the real deal (bit high in sodium)

and Morningstar Farms breakfast Sausage Patties
    Especially good crumbled up in a little scrambled egg with some LF cheese
  • Peanut butter!! I dont eat much so it is not that bad. Lots of fresh fruit, Watermelon in season, apples, mandrin oranges drained. Nuts, Cottage cheese and my power crunch protien bars RULE!!!

Cant for get the Coffee. I crave it bad!
  • I got some free samples of something the other day I never thought I would like, but to my pleasant surprise, they taste GREAT, and are good for you too! They are called SOYJOY bars and come in a few good fruit flavors. Their site is www.soyjoy.com and have a list of stores where the bars can be purchased. They can also be bought online at drugstore.com.
  • I have been lurking since my bypass surgery in March. I'm down about 45 pounds - yeah! I have been plaqued by constipation almost since getting home from the hospital. I have also been looking for a good tasting snack food that I could take on an airplane. I discovered Metamucil Cinnamon Fiber Wafers which is covering both needs. I have two wafers each evening and the constipation problem is fading away. I have been eating three prunes a day and know that helps too, but I prefer to give credit to the wafers, which are crispy and yummy and only 120 calories!

Miz
  • Congrats on the 45lbs loss, you are doing great
    Quote: I have been lurking since my bypass surgery in March. I'm down about 45 pounds - yeah! I have been plaqued by constipation almost since getting home from the hospital. I have also been looking for a good tasting snack food that I could take on an airplane. I discovered Metamucil Cinnamon Fiber Wafers which is covering both needs. I have two wafers each evening and the constipation problem is fading away. I have been eating three prunes a day and know that helps too, but I prefer to give credit to the wafers, which are crispy and yummy and only 120 calories!

Miz
  • I'm diggin the PowerCrunch protein bars that are available at the Vitamin Shoppe and also the smarthealthstore.com. They are just like a wafer cookie but have 14-15g of protein and only 4-5g of sugar/sugar alcohols.

Kristy