Bought a Swimsuit Yesterday. . .

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • See, that's why I ended up buying the halter top instead of the more comfortable bra top. When I put on the bra top, all I could see was tummy. When I put on the halter top, the tummy is still there - but it is REALLY hard for one's eyes to get past the BOOBAGE to notice it!

• bathing suit
    Bought my first bathing suit about 2 weeks ago...which is very ambitious considering i've refused to buy one for years. Got the halter one also. Bottoms in a size 6 and the top in a DD. My DH may never let me out of the house in it, but that's ok. Just bought it for the motivation. Every time i want to give up, i try it on.
  • what suits (groan) me
    I think it's what you're used to seeing yourself in too. I don't think I look bad in my speedo but the tankini was just too weird. It's like shorts - I have several different styles, all size 10, and I just look better in some than others.

I really like the privacy of the pool where I'm dog sitting though - wouldn't be half as comfortable at a public pool in my speedo. Although now that I'm 50 I'm not so worried about anyone noticing me. It seems that women get more and more invisible as they age.

Like that first time a young guy calls you M'am - very painful! But now I'm used to it. Wouldn't know what to do if a man came on to me now. My DH occasionally points out men (and gay women) that he says are checking me out. He thinks it's hilarious that I never notice any of this.

Dagmar
  • Mudpie: My hubby always points out gay women who check me out. He thinks it is a hoot. Whatever it is...I must have it because the gays love me (more than men actually)
  • Quote: Like that first time a young guy calls you M'am - very painful!
    OMG, I remember that moment ... It was a rude awakening